Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 11:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buriedpast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I load up thurg and ss vendors with leg and arm gems etc all the time to screw people over. Earn your shit.
Sounds like a 10k investment for plate bp gems just on the offchance you'll hose someone else out of a MQ :P
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 11-07-2017, 11:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_demonman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This thread has a lot of info, it shows some of the decisions made for MQing originally that I believe have been carried forward:
Multi-Quest

Quickly skimming through it I'm not sure how big the NPC's temporary pool would be (or if there is a limit). Not sure if you could trick/force the NPC's pool to reset.
I skimmed through it but I didn't see where it says the temporary pool persists through death. I also haven't slept in about 20 hours so forgive me if it's there.

I saw a guy asked the question:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...2&postcount=63

I did not see an answer to it.

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 11-07-2017, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

While this thread has done an excellent job of answering this particular question, I just wanted to point out for newer players that the wiki's Advanced Techniques Guide has explanations of many practices that are unique to classic EverQuest, including multi-questing, sneak banking, corpse-ing items, and more.

P.S. Also if you have any further details to add to existing techniques, or questions about other techniques, please PM them to me or just add them yourself (it's a wiki).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 11-07-2017 at 12:27 PM..
Old 11-07-2017, 12:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I skimmed through it but I didn't see where it says the temporary pool persists through death. I also haven't slept in about 20 hours so forgive me if it's there.

I saw a guy asked the question:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...2&postcount=63

I did not see an answer to it.
I once messed up cleric epic mq turn in, and as a result screwed up a few peoples epics over the next week or so til server reset [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-07-2017, 01:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKoopa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I once messed up cleric epic mq turn in, and as a result screwed up a few peoples epics over the next week or so til server reset [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's highly disconcerting. If I'm reading things right...

-you can screw someone over well into the future just by giving an NPC a quest-related item, since an NPC tracks inventory forever (until a server reset)...

-you can't refresh an NPC's inventory...

-you can't kill an NPC to refresh its inventory.

When are server resets? Do they occur on a regularly scheduled weekly basis?
Old 11-07-2017, 01:52 PM
Orc

I've heard the ooc cries from people who tried to MQ Hasten and he was preloaded, I suppose the same could happen with thurg MQs.

I want to buy a leather bracer for my monk someday, if a seller turns in the armor piece and that NPC is preloaded with gems is the whole deal void? I would assume there's more risk for the seller than a buyer.
Old 11-07-2017, 01:53 PM
Fire Giant

MQing is so reliable that my one buddy was MQing a piece of armor for someone, the person who was receiving the armor misunderstood and thought they were to turn in the gems but he hadnt turned in the armor piece yet. He stopped himself from turning in the armor piece when they turned in the gems prematurely and waited a day, turned in more gems, and other things to the npc (couldnt really kill the NPC it was the SS armor turn in and theres like 20 mobs in proximity). After waiting like 48 hours, handing the turn in NPC various amounts of different items/gems/whatever he goes to turn in the armor piece first and still gets it instead of the person he was MQing for.

That being said not everything is MQable, like in sky (or so im told, ive nevr actually tested that).
Old 11-07-2017, 02:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utanx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've heard the ooc cries from people who tried to MQ Hasten and he was preloaded, I suppose the same could happen with thurg MQs.

I want to buy a leather bracer for my monk someday, if a seller turns in the armor piece and that NPC is preloaded with gems is the whole deal void? I would assume there's more risk for the seller than a buyer.
The way I see it, the buyer is taking just as much risk as the seller. The seller has an item that *could* *potentially* be turned into money in a MQ deal, whereas the buyer runs the risk of losing tons of actual plat and ending up empty-handed.

The aforementioned 50/50 split before and after the deal seems to make the most sense. That way, if a deal turns sour and something screws up, the seller still gets a hefty amount of money and the buyer doesn't lose as much money as he or she otherwise would.
Old 11-07-2017, 02:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buriedpast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I load up thurg and ss vendors with leg and arm gems etc all the time to screw people over. Earn your shit.
You may be a little bit immersed. Were you the same guy that was killing Hasten out of impotent MQ rage a few months back?
Old 11-07-2017, 02:19 PM
Orc

Quote:
The aforementioned 50/50 split before and after the deal seems to make the most sense. That way, if a deal turns sour and something screws up, the seller still gets a hefty amount of money and the buyer doesn't lose as much money as he or she otherwise would.
That makes sense, 50/50 seems pretty fair.
Closed Thread