Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2018, 08:25 AM
Skeleton

Talking Hello from Alaska!

Hey everyone,

Last week my wife and I we're reminiscing about our old EQ days downstairs with our daughter. I know she heard the stories multiple times but hey none of you in the community have. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

My wife and I met playing this game 20 years ago. After a long friendship we did that whole internet dating deal. Chatted on video etc and BAM I move down a few years later, got married and have two wonderful kids all because of this game.

Its rather interesting if you think about it really. We could have never met had this game not existed.

I watched just a few videos and decided after all these years I was going to dust off EQ. I started installing it and instantly my wife got all excited. Whats neat is my daughter who is turning 15 soon really wants to give it a try even if she is of the opinion the graphics suck haha. Kids these days never knew the struggles and just how cool these graphics were all those years ago.

I very much looking forward to meeting new peeps and getting to experience the ride once again but this time with my daughter as well! I just hope she enjoys it enough to see some really cool raiding and end game stuff.

Anyways my main is Keljorn which was my name all those years ago on Bertox. I have him to level 18 right now. So far I must say in my week long experience playing here the people are great! Everyone I have met has been super fun to group with and very helpful just giving buffs out without even being asked. I even had some random druid run up and give me split Paw gloves and some mask then buff and run off. I'm super stoked I took the jump and reinstalled.

To future adventures!
Old 06-01-2018, 08:31 AM
Sarnak

Hello and welcome.
This is a very touching story and i hope you will have lots of fun here.
I came back after 15 years and so far it feels great.

Asmodina - Level 39 Wizard << blue >>
Corvinia - Level 51 Druid << green >>
Old 06-01-2018, 09:44 AM
Kobold

Welcome! I met my now-wife through online gaming, too. Weird how that works!

Just a tip about you and your family playing - if you wanna connect two (or more) accounts simultaneously through one IP (so, if you and your wife and/or daughter wanna play in the same house at the same time), you need to get an IP exception, and that can take anywhere from a day to a couple weeks to possibly longer, so it's a good idea to ask ahead of time.. once you've got the accounts set up, etc.

More info about that here.

[Famalin Wisdomseed - High Elf Wizard - Quellious - 99 to 01]
Old 06-01-2018, 09:47 AM
Kobold

Welcome mate! Lovely story, sounds like you have a very storied past with EQ!

Awesome that you've got a little trio there, tons of fun opportunities.
Old 06-01-2018, 09:49 AM
Banned

I've avoided my future would-be wife by playing this game.

Somewhere out there she's thinking and wishing that I wouldn't be so autistic and put the elf sim down.

....never.
Old 06-01-2018, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

Welcome back!
Old 06-01-2018, 02:44 PM
Server GM

Greetings and welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contraceptive View Post
If you can prove God is real to me I might believe you aren't just a virgin that has been given fake internet powers that you over-wield on an imaginary game. Also, don't forget to take contraceptive, the world doesn't need any more yous. Ah who the hell am I kidding you're not reproducing you're too busy blanket banning people on a 20 year old elf simulator.
Old 06-01-2018, 04:35 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by FungusTrooper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Welcome! I met my now-wife through online gaming, too. Weird how that works!

you need to get an IP exception
It is pretty weird and a blessing as well. =)

We filed it a week ago. We got all jazzed up and tried to play right away and found out about needing the exemption as only one of us could be connected. We're still patiently waiting. In the mean time have been playing together on another server just messing around together until the exemption comes though. I'm not a big fan of the server as the experience comes way to fast and the item drops are a bit ridiculous and over powered early on. My daughter doesn't know any better so at least shes having fun with it so far with her dark elf SK.
Old 06-01-2018, 07:01 PM
Orc

Hello fellow Alaskan!
Old 06-01-2018, 07:11 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utanx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello fellow Alaskan!
Heck yeah! We're slowly taking over Norrath!
Closed Thread