Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2019, 08:30 AM
Kobold

I wish they had not nerfed so much, leave classic classic. I understand lowering like bone chip quests during high spawn rate, but they nerfed almost all exp quests even when mobs are not affected by high spawn rate. I wish it was as classic as possible instead of selectively classic.
Old 11-01-2019, 09:13 AM
Sarnak

Yes loving Green! Thanks again to the team for making this happen!
Old 11-01-2019, 09:46 AM
Aviak

Green has met all my expectations. Having a lot of fun with my little druid!

Blue Server
Aegnor Eldruin - 60 High Elf Wizard <Dial a Port>
Vizeryn_D'Raethe - 60 Erudite Paladin
Formerly of <Azure Guard>
Old 11-01-2019, 10:16 AM
Aviak

I have been enjoying green quite a bit. While not everything has been rainbows and sunshine, overcoming the crowded environment has been really rewarding. Finding the out of the way places, those hidden little little camp no one is bothering with, stressful sure, but rewarding once I found my niche. I still don't agree with the non-split guys, but I can see the value of it.
Old 11-01-2019, 10:19 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

The first few days were awesome. Hundreds of dwarfs running around then I saw a halfling and I was like this dude is a boss for running here. I want to keep playing but sitting in groups with nothing to do as we compete for mobs with 70 other people is lame. Its kinda boring and its costing money to buy all these audiobooks :}

I want to give it up to the guys who made the server and it put in all the hard work. Great job, thank you.
Old 11-01-2019, 10:22 AM
Kobold

Loving it, loving the struggle.

I've died so many times and done so many CRs. Also have learnt WK like the back of my hand, and know what/where to avoid.

Taking it slow this time around, and loving every moment of it. Something about the feel of this game will always keep me hooked, I just love the art style.

All the QOL changes are fine by me, I like the night vision situation. Really makes nighttime terrifying as an Erudite. I think the only one i don't love is not seeing DOT tick values, but it's tolerable.

My main question is how on earth did I manage to actually pass lvl 5 back in 2000? I rolled a Barb as my first character and soloed a warrior with rusty/bronze weapons to lvl 30 before rerolling a Druid. I honestly don't know how I persevered without maps + night vision + weapons etc.
Old 11-01-2019, 10:24 AM
Orc

It's been a mixed bag for me. The overcrowding is pretty painful; worse than I expected (which probably is more about my own expectations). Having to deal with the hybrid penalty again has also been painful, though I expected that. Some of the removed QoL features feel like they just make the game clunkier, not actually more challenging (and it's a pretty clunky game to begin with).

However I am also loving how all this old-world content feels relevant again. Obtaining banded armor has felt like an accomplishment. Getting a +5 HP earring is exciting loot, not junk. Getting level 9 and getting my first spells was amazing. There's definitely something special about starting everything over from scratch.

Not sure yet whether it'll keep my attention in the long haul, but overall I'd say it's been a worthwhile experience so far.

Green: Jonen, Half-elf Paladin <Castle>
Old 11-01-2019, 10:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagglebaron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Loving green, and this is coming from a very salty mage.
Will you still be maining mage in January when you can get more vendor pets or will you have funded your dream twink by then?
Old 11-01-2019, 10:36 AM
Sarnak

its fun to start on a fresh server.

People confuse classic experience with launch experience tho.

There was no need to start at beta stage. The first few patches balanced a game that wasnt ready and fixed some bugs and exploits.

I am not convinced we had to emulate it.
Old 11-01-2019, 10:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlycupcakez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The question is simple: Has green been everything you thought it would be? Is it more? Is it less? Is it fulfilling or creating a bigger void?

I would love to hear. For me - it's been perfect!
Pretty damn close, and amazing for a private box

Candles and beetle eyes could be toned down [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Guildwar and leash Naggy/Vox within their lairs like live
Closed Thread