Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 11-07-2019, 01:38 PM
Kobold

I'll be doing all HD and then all "Cartoonized" I automate things for a living, so this is in my wheel house. I'll let you guys know when I'm finished. I'm trying to think where it would be best to host all these files. Btw Psycher, I have some questions in regards to VectorMagic when/if you have time.

Thanks!
Old 11-07-2019, 01:49 PM
Fire Giant

Do these extra sized files add to the potential % to crash when loading in or logging out?
Old 11-07-2019, 02:20 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkmarino [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do these extra sized files add to the potential % to crash when loading in or logging out?
I mean, how would we know? I've been using all of 'em and logging in/out in the Karanas for days and have had no crashes. But we don't know what causes crashes for the people that are experiencing them.

[Famalin Wisdomseed - High Elf Wizard - Quellious - 99 to 01]
Old 11-08-2019, 12:34 AM
Kobold

Can we do anything with the spell effects the same way? Also I'm going through all the files and there are quite a few misc sets I dont' know what to do with? Also what specific files holds the character models and armor?
Old 11-08-2019, 04:15 AM
Large Rat

It's funny, I was playing around with the game textures without knowing this thread exist.

This is by no means ready, but here is a a couple hours work. (most of which was figuring out how EQ liked it's textures)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/pnzUPPk2UswaNaU78
Old 11-08-2019, 10:38 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll be doing all HD and then all "Cartoonized" I automate things for a living, so this is in my wheel house. I'll let you guys know when I'm finished.
Sounds good, looking forward to seeing results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can we do anything with the spell effects the same way? Also I'm going through all the files and there are quite a few misc sets I dont' know what to do with? Also what specific files holds the character models and armor?
I think characters/armor are in the global.s3d files. EQClassicHD updates these already, so I'd just use that if I were you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by modestlaw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's funny, I was playing around with the game textures without knowing this thread exist.

This is by no means ready, but here is a a couple hours work. (most of which was figuring out how EQ liked it's textures)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/pnzUPPk2UswaNaU78
Looks good! If you finish all of Qey definitely upload it!

--------------------

I went ahead and finished my little area of zones with Kithicor.

I also updated my Misty/Rivervale pack with Kithicor, since those are all kinda the same area. If you've already downloaded my Misty/Rivervale pack, just download the Kithicor pack above, but if you want all three, just download the newly repacked Misty/Rivervale/Kithicor pack.

Old 11-08-2019, 01:50 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by FungusTrooper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds good, looking forward to seeing results.

I think characters/armor are in the global.s3d files. EQClassicHD updates these already, so I'd just use that if I were you.

Looks good! If you finish all of Qey definitely upload it!

--------------------

I went ahead and finished my little area of zones with Kithicor.

I also updated my Misty/Rivervale pack with Kithicor, since those are all kinda the same area. If you've already downloaded my Misty/Rivervale pack, just download the Kithicor pack above, but if you want all three, just download the newly repacked Misty/Rivervale/Kithicor pack.
I'm working on that file now and I've made some tweaks of my own and am also going for a different art style. Thanks though!

And if we can make this clear, all zones need their base zone file, char file and obj files re-rendered. Can we do this with spells as well? Where are pet files located?
Old 11-08-2019, 01:53 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycher [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for picking up the slack guys, I've been crazy busy. Looks like we're on track to actually complete this. Hopefully this weekend I can spend some time picking up where you all left off. And the textures will take up more ram but in reality it's nothing compared to modern games. I'll post my Nvidia settings to show how I got AA working when I get off work.
AA in EQ? Sounds awesome!
Old 11-08-2019, 03:19 PM
Large Bat

Default Butcherblock?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xruptor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you ever release a BB HD zip? I see the pics but don't see the download link for the BB updates. BTW Fantastic work. This stuff is amazing and it makes the gameplay even better. Thank you so much for your contributions!
Second this. I can't find the BB zip. The screenshots look fantastic.

Thank you all for sharing these. Keep up the great work.
Old 11-08-2019, 03:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
I'm working on that file now and I've made some tweaks of my own and am also going for a different art style. Thanks though!?
So wait, are you or are you not doing some basic HD versions (like Psycher and I are doing) of the rest of the zones? I'm confused.