Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 10:12 AM
Sarnak

Default Questions about multiquesting

I'm about to invest 10k into a Thurg plate greave MQ, but I've never actually done a MQ before. 10k is quite a bit of money for me, so I'm a bit timid about losing it all and bankrupting myself for nothing. How exactly does the process work? I don't want to somehow screw up and lose 10k for nothing.

Do both players have to have the NPC's trade window open simultaneously in order for the NPC to "track" what's given to him?

Is there a window of time in which to turn in items? If so, how long is that window?

Is there a chance the MQ won't work, even if everything is done properly by the players?

Is it customary to pay the person before or after the MQ process?
Old 11-07-2017, 10:17 AM
Fire Giant

Do both players have to have the NPC's trade window open simultaneously in order for the NPC to "track" what's given to him?
-- no you don't have to have the window open at the same time. The person with the armor piece does his turn in, then tells you when you can turn in your three gems. don't stack them, turn them in one per trade slot with the NPC after the other person tells you he's done his part.

Is there a window of time in which to turn in items? If so, how long is that window?
-- Not sure if there is or not, however I've crashed right before I turned in my gems, came back about 5 minutes later and turned in my gems to complete the MQ.

Is there a chance the MQ won't work, even if everything is done properly by the players?
-- If done properly I don't see how it would fail, but the GMs don't help any more with MQs so I guess there could be a chance of failure...

-- Usually people request the money up front.

Just my 2 cents, good luck...

Drumas - 60 Cleric
Ashintar - 60 Wizard
Old 11-07-2017, 10:19 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to NecroP99 Send a message via Yahoo to NecroP99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soothsayer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm about to invest 10k into a Thurg plate greave MQ, but I've never actually done a MQ before. 10k is quite a bit of money for me, so I'm a bit timid about losing it all and bankrupting myself for nothing. How exactly does the process work? I don't want to somehow screw up and lose 10k for nothing.

I havnt actually MQ'd any of the velious armor but I have multiquested epic pieces and such many times.

Basically the way a MQ works is that if the item you are trying to get takes multiple pieces to collect, whoever 'completes the quest' (IE turns in the last piece needed) will get the item. So you don't do it at the same time, you let the MQ seller put his piece in first and then you put in the gems afterwards and you should get the armor. Don't stack the gems, do 1 in each slot

I have no idea what the timer is on it but you should not dilly around and should do it fairly quickly. I think if someone turns in something in between you and the MQer turning in items you're boned. Make sure you are alone

You need to make sure the guy selling the MQ has the proper faction or it wont work. If he is not ally then its going to eat your gems and you lose.

There is not much of a custom for MQ. Some people demand payment upfront, others will do a 50% before 50% after. If I was you I would do the 50/50 and agree that if it f#cks up you are only paying half. MQing sounds scary but its pretty easy

Main thing is you need to make sure this guy has the proper faction (ally) or you are wasting your money. For that matter you need to make sure you are Ally as well or it wont work.
Last edited by NecroP99; 11-07-2017 at 10:27 AM..
Old 11-07-2017, 10:19 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
No, not necessary to do this.

Quote:
From what I understand, the answer for this server is no. The NPC retains the items (even through being killed surprisingly).

Quote:
Not really, if player A hands the greaves in and player B hands the gems in unstacked afterwards then there should not be an issue and player B will end up with the quest reward.

Quote:
This is up to some debate/negotiation on your part. It all depends on who takes on the risk. Personally, I think it is on the MQer to take on the risk for the MQ.
Old 11-07-2017, 10:30 AM
Sarnak

Thanks for the (mostly) helpful replies, folks. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-07-2017, 10:34 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buriedpast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I load up thurg and ss vendors with leg and arm gems etc all the time to screw people over. Earn your shit.
Pras this man and raise his name high-- doing Lord Bergurgle's work!
Old 11-07-2017, 10:41 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buriedpast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I load up thurg and ss vendors with leg and arm gems etc all the time to screw people over. Earn your shit.
So, you have a monopoly on the definition of "earning" items -- and you feel the need to act on that supposedly authoritative opinion by essentially trolling people out of hard-earned plat? You sound like a delightful person. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-07-2017, 10:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_demonman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From what I understand, the answer for this server is no. The NPC retains the items (even through being killed surprisingly).
This doesn't seem right. And if it is, I highly doubt it should be that way. You should be able to kill the NPC and do fresh turn ins.

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 11-07-2017, 10:54 AM
Sarnak

Is there a way to do "fresh" turn-ins by handing in dummy items before proceeding with a MQ, out of curiosity? For example, what if I give an NPC four bone chips or four crushed corals or something -- does that reset / refresh the NPC's inventory tracking?
Old 11-07-2017, 11:15 AM
Sarnak

This thread has a lot of info, it shows some of the decisions made for MQing originally that I believe have been carried forward:
Multi-Quest

Quickly skimming through it I'm not sure how big the NPC's temporary pool would be (or if there is a limit). Not sure if you could trick/force the NPC's pool to reset.
Closed Thread