Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 04:27 PM
Banned

Default Cheap Sex and the Decline of Marriage

Quote:
Many young men and women still aspire to marriage as it has long been conventionally understood—faithful, enduring, focused on raising children. But they no longer seem to think that this aspiration requires their discernment, prudence or self-control.

When I asked Kristin, a 29-year-old from Austin, whether men should make sacrifices to get sex, she offered a confusing prescription: “Yes. Sometimes. Not always. I mean, I don’t think it should necessarily be given out by women, but I do think it’s OK if a woman does just give it out. Just not all the time.”

Kristin rightly wants the men whom she dates to treat her well and to respect her interests, but the choices that she and other women have made unwittingly teach the men in their lives that such behavior is noble and nice but not required in order to sleep with them. They are hoping to find good men without supporting the sexual norms that would actually make men better.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/cheap-s...&ad_id=8030479
Old 06-20-2018, 05:15 PM
Banned

Do men regularly marry a woman for sex? I mean when did this occur?

"I want to have sex -- better go marry a woman that I find attractive"

Despite the sterotype -- every guy I know wants more than sex in a wife. Even the rich ones that want young trophy wives are going to want her to be able to navigate a social environment well and impress their friends.

I'm not sure the decline in marriage and the uptick in sex are as related as these guys assume.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:17 PM
Banned

people used to get married as it was the way to get laid

read a book
Old 06-20-2018, 05:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

read a book
Some still do: they're called Mormons.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:19 PM
Planar Protector

FALSE.

Getting married is the way to find someone to not have sex with for the rest of your life.

you also aren't allowed to have sex with anyone else either
Old 06-20-2018, 05:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

read a book
Like during Christiandom? Maybe...probably not in the last 200 years though.

See, idk if you heard, but there's this thing called prostitution that's been popular a long time. Also, sluts...or as Ben Franklin called them "low-women."

So sluts arn't a new trend either.

Edit: None of this shit is new. If your a woman of a certain socio-economic class... you have to keep your slutty behavior secret to impress men of your own class. Or just not sleep with random dudes you find attractive.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 06-20-2018 at 05:25 PM..
Old 06-20-2018, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

Have to go with JD on this. Marriage is what mature people do to not end up obese and on drugs / give purpose and meaning to their life through mutual fulfillment on a sojourn known to the ancients as “life.” It’s a dying institution because y’all would rather drive 90 mph to get to sonic happy hour then race home to binge watch 10 hours of TV alone as opposed to being vulnerable enough to enter into a partnership where there was the possibility of someone seeing you for who you really are. But how could you do that anyway? You guys don’t even know yourselves. Praying for all of you. I truly hope that you turn back the clock and realize what you’re missing day to day by being obese diabetic incel Walmart shoppers with low IQ and even lower grip strength

hope this helps
Old 06-20-2018, 05:26 PM
Banned

"Edit: None of this shit is new. If your a woman of a certain socio-economic class... you have to keep your slutty behavior secret to impress men of your own class. Or just not sleep with random dudes you find attractive."

Best thing you've written here. It's not about men wanting to bang random chicks. It's about women having a lot less societal pressure about doing sex.

because they have sex more frequently outside of marraige, guys don't have to get married as much

ipso facto
Old 06-20-2018, 05:30 PM
Banned

note this is not my article

it is an article i am linking for discussion

thanks
Old 06-20-2018, 05:32 PM
Banned

Cool

🎵misogyny in canadian tongue
in the court of the incel king🎵
Closed Thread