Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 06:13 PM
Sarnak

Default Is it legal to repeatedly kill a quest mob just to prevent others from getting?

Last night I was camping the AC in S Ro. Eventually I saw the AC, and he went down and was looted by a certain Druid.

And then 72 minutes later I was back for another chance at the AC. I did not see it, but there were several congratulatory messages in /ooc for the same Druid.

And then the Druid was there again 72 minutes later, greedy for another.

And as I thought about it, it seemed unlikely to me that someone could sell and execute even one J Boots MQ that quickly, around 1 am est on a weekday, and be back in S Ro for the next spawn chance. The travel, the gold, getting the rapier(s), finding Hasten. And then to do it again, after 2 am?

Seems possible that if someone is attempting to monopolize the AC, which drops an item that is essential for completing the quest for one of the game's most powerful items, that they would have an economic incentive to prevent anyone else from accessing AC loot.

Is it possible to destroy a Lore item on a body without looting it? Because I am a bit confused as to what happened. I find it more or less impossible to MQ off a J Boot quest at that hour, and so quickly. But I did see the Druid loot the AC, and then he was back around an hour later, getting congratulated for another.

Considering the J Boots quest is so very important, it seems detrimental to player QoL to allow the exact classes that don't need its reward to prevent everyone else from doing the quest.

So is it okay to repeatedly track and kill a quest mob, even when it seems fairly obvious the camper is not getting anything and doing so merely to block others?

Thanks
Old 10-02-2018, 06:16 PM
Fire Giant

I'm guessing he's corpsing the ring.
Old 10-02-2018, 06:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled_heretic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are still a couple EQ terms I don't know.

This is one of them. The other is poopsock or whatever.

If you would: please tell me what it means to 'corpse the ring.'
Old 10-02-2018, 06:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled_heretic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This 100%

edit: how to corpse a ring :

put ring in a bag slot, die in a duel so you don't lose exp, loot everything but the ring, congratulation you have a ring corpsed for a week.
Old 10-02-2018, 06:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomeCaptain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are still a couple EQ terms I don't know.

This is one of them. The other is poopsock or whatever.

If you would: please tell me what it means to 'corpse the ring.'
If you die and leave lore items on your body, it doesn't count as possessing the item anymore, so you can loot another. in such a way you can have several of the same lore item in your possession, stored on corpses you can retrieve later. So in this case, the druid is "banking" rings so he can sell the multiquest later. On this server they sell for about 5-6k.
Old 10-02-2018, 06:23 PM
Fire Giant

corpsed rings

mq sales

sorry you didnt get ancient cyclops
Old 10-02-2018, 06:27 PM
Sarnak

Wow, corpsing seems like yet another reason to disable MQ for the J Boots quest.

Seems like a quest designed to be enjoyed by all players (of appropriate level) shouldn't be monopolized by greedy people exploiting bugs like MQ and corpsing. It is, after all, probably the only quest in the game meant to be done by all players (of non-sowing classes) over mid-level. It's really a rite of passage for a character; back on Live on Tarrew Marr our Druids and Rangers were certainly detrimenal to player QoL, but they weren't so malicious as to monopolize the AC with cheap exploits.

Multi-boxing is not ok, but this is? Seems odd.

Thank you Messrs. pickled_heretic and Sacer for the info about corpsing.
Last edited by GnomeCaptain; 10-02-2018 at 06:32 PM..
Old 10-02-2018, 07:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomeCaptain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow, corpsing seems like yet another reason to disable MQ for the J Boots quest.

Seems like a quest designed to be enjoyed by all players (of appropriate level) shouldn't be monopolized by greedy people exploiting bugs like MQ and corpsing. It is, after all, probably the only quest in the game meant to be done by all players (of non-sowing classes) over mid-level. It's really a rite of passage for a character; back on Live on Tarrew Marr our Druids and Rangers were certainly detrimenal to player QoL, but they weren't so malicious as to monopolize the AC with cheap exploits.

Multi-boxing is not ok, but this is? Seems odd.

Thank you Messrs. pickled_heretic and Sacer for the info about corpsing.
Its only "okay" if there nobody else waiting for the camp. If someone is next on the list then he has to give the camp to them when he gets his ring.

Even if nobody is even there, I don't think GMs like players who corpse AC rings.
Old 10-02-2018, 07:32 PM
Sarnak

Don't camp the AC in SRo, get on the list in OoT. Much better experience IMO
Old 10-02-2018, 07:38 PM
Fire Giant

SRO ac isn’t really a camp persay. So regardless of who’s waiting this is entirely legal.