Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 11:05 AM
Sarnak

Default The Definitive Classic Everquest Experience

I can't seem to find this when I am searching the forums but I am sure it has been asked before so I apologize for that in advance but... now that all of the patches are properly compiled and all of the content is properly inplemented into the game Is there any plans for the future to release a server that follows the original timeline as it was on live? I have played on P99 for a long time and we were locked in each era for significantly longer then live so I was curious if we would ever get our hands on the definitive classic experience. Thanks in advance!

Carsomyr - 55 Pally - Retired
Thalon - 49 Rogue - Temporarily Benched
Contagious - Necro - 30's and climbing
Lights - 55 Wiz - Occasional Murderer
Old 01-05-2017, 11:06 AM
Aviak

#wipeitclean2017
Old 01-05-2017, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

Yes ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by "nilbog" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't give you an ETA, but I can add some information.

Since Kunark development, we have used a rule-based system when developing content and code. What this means is the work needed to add/remove timeline features only has to be done once, and a rule applied for the era.

For example, when a server is released (original eq launch date: march 1999), rubicite and manastones should drop until ~October 1999. When a new server is launched, all that is necessary is to set the correct era rules. The era switches allow us to apply rules to spawns, loottables, items, spells, doors, tradeskills, etc so they may be enabled/disabled without even a patch.

It has been, and still is the plan to release a timeline correct server a certain amount of time after Velious is complete. Velious still lacks 2 zones; Stonebrunt and Chardok revamp. There are patches between and after those times which need to be developed.
Old 01-05-2017, 12:18 PM
Planar Protector

There are about 7,000 threads on this topic, but yes, devs have mentioned releasing future progression servers that follow an accurate timeline, but who knows what they may really do.

The patch progression for the pre-Luclin timeline is not yet finished, there are still a few more at least, but may combine into one patch, who knows.
Old 01-05-2017, 12:47 PM
Sarnak

Excellent news, I will check back after I've burned out on something different then!

Carsomyr - 55 Pally - Retired
Thalon - 49 Rogue - Temporarily Benched
Contagious - Necro - 30's and climbing
Lights - 55 Wiz - Occasional Murderer
Old 01-05-2017, 01:37 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are about 7,000 threads on this topic, but yes, devs have mentioned releasing future progression servers that follow an accurate timeline, but who knows what they may really do.

The patch progression for the pre-Luclin timeline is not yet finished, there are still a few more at least, but may combine into one patch, who knows.
Do you know if the rumors are that the devs plan to wipe Blue and start fresh, or just plan to start a "Blue 2.0"?
Old 01-05-2017, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLWILL [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you know if the rumors are that the devs plan to wipe Blue and start fresh, or just plan to start a "Blue 2.0"?
This is what nilbog had to say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by "nilbog" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are options which haven't been fully discussed. One option is as you said, once the new server reached the end of Velious, merge those characters back into the original existing p99 server. At that point, start a new one. i.e. Recycle

There will be announcements when those decisions are made.
Old 01-05-2017, 01:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLWILL [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was stated that Blue will not be wiped. The current proposal is for a new "Green" server to be activated, which follows the proper timeline. This was originally discussed as a recycle server and possible export of characters when the server reached the SoL launch timeline. However, that part seems to be in contemplation from the last postings that I have seen.
Old 01-05-2017, 08:10 PM
Fire Giant

I love the idea of a new server, not so big a fan of it being a recycle server. But I get it, otherwise it would eventually look like the current blue.
Old 01-05-2017, 09:10 PM
Sarnak

Make it so that you can play Blue99 and Green99 at the same time and youll have more luck. Resetting server after implementation of the correct timeline etc will be much like a ladder reset in D2