Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > Quest Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2020, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

No need. Just trying to find clarity and the truth. Good on you for making a bug report.
Old 04-14-2020, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quest318 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Which was the point of this post

and I am pissed off
This isn't a competition, so really there's no reason for anyone to get pissed off at anyone <3

We're all trying to get the closest version of how things were back in '99, but evidence from '99 isn't straightforward (not to mention pronouns in English can be ambiguous), so reasonable people can disagree. Let's just do so respectfully and remember we're on the "same team".

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-14-2020, 02:40 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This isn't a competition, so really there's no reason for anyone to get pissed off at anyone <3

We're all trying to get the closest version of how things were back in '99, but evidence from '99 isn't straightforward (not to mention pronouns in English can be ambiguous), so reasonable people can disagree. Let's just do so respectfully and remember we're on the "same team".
Yes, I had never played a troll or a shaman. I think I covered a lot of things in my posts here on these forums. Stating im new to P99 and the forums and I don't know what section to post in (Quest or NPC). I mentioned that I talked to some GM's regarding this and made a post about something that I was certain was a bug.

I had to backtrack once I saw these replies by Videri. But that's ok... to double check things and who knows, we miss things that are glaringly obvious at times [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

One thing that helped was the references to Zam. I had totally forgot (not that these resources exist) but that I could backtrack and utilize them.

Sometimes I will still go to EQTC and ZAM in addition to the Wiki. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Quest318; 04-14-2020 at 02:44 PM..
Old 04-14-2020, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quest318 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sometimes I will still go to EQTC and ZAM in addition to the Wiki. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As one of the biggest fans of the wiki in this place, I'm obviously biased ... but IMHO Zam (and EQTC) should pretty much only be necessary for bug research like this. For 99.9% of P99 content, the wiki is as accurate (or just as likely, even more accurate) than whatever is on Zam.

P.S. And also:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good on you for making a bug report.
Many new people are reticent to do so, but bug-filing is how we help the devs make things more classic here.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 04-14-2020 at 03:17 PM..
Old 05-02-2020, 04:18 PM
Developer

So we know they both appeared as females in classic. The archived Everlore Grobb quests always referred to "she/her" for both Urako and Kalgari.

If there is evidence the script changed since classic, then we could correct it. Otherwise the mistake was probably classic.

http://web.archive.org/web/200205050...ode=35&id=2770

http://web.archive.org/web/200208040...ode=35&id=5168