Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 05:30 AM
Planar Protector

Smile Are you leveling up outside of EQ? (fitness thread)

Hey friends I feel that it is my duty to point out that P99 should be consumed as part of a varied recreational diet and as such I am bringing back the successful fitness thread from last year.

Since I started that thread I have run two half marathons (13.1 miles / 21.something kms) and am continuing to work at it, have put an entry in for the London Marathon next April but will be lucky to actually get a place (I find out in October!).

I expect haters who don't exercise more than their fingers to be angry at this thread but hopefully you can channel it positively. Everyone is welcome to join in and post up how they're doing, what progress they're making and such <3

So, are you getting to the gym? Are you working on your fitness?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Motivation starts here, let your journey begin if it hasn't already... <3
Old 08-07-2017, 05:34 AM
Planar Protector

So what's new with Swish since the last thread?

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...7&postcount=76

Quote:
Last session in the gym I managed to hit 12.8km/h for 35 minutes with no breaks, hitting the milestone of 13km/h today...again probably not at the first attempt but we'll see.

Get yourselves down to the gym, out on the streets or wherever and burn some calories. If you're not sweating, you're not working hard enough!

See if you can burn more calories than the plat you earn on elf sim tonight ^^

Last Thursday I successfully ran 13.2km/h for 35 minutes, and have been working at 13.4km/h for the same duration, no breaks, no stopping, no water.

Didn't manage it today but the beauty of the gym is it's always there and after a rest day tomorrow I'll be trying again on Wednesday!

Today's session total: 811 calories burnt (with other equipment)
Old 08-07-2017, 07:46 AM
Planar Protector

I do push-ups and sit-ups sometimes when waiting for respawns, does that count? Been meaning to exercise more, but I have a kid that is a little over a year old so daily routine is work, pickup from daycare, feed him / play with him, night time routine. EQ from 9-10:30 if I'm lucky.

Curious if people have exercise tips for DURING p99 play time.
Old 08-07-2017, 08:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do push-ups and sit-ups sometimes when waiting for respawns, does that count? Been meaning to exercise more, but I have a kid that is a little over a year old so daily routine is work, pickup from daycare, feed him / play with him, night time routine. EQ from 9-10:30 if I'm lucky.

Curious if people have exercise tips for DURING p99 play time.

When I was an eq/whatever else game addict I would do bis/tris/shoulders with a dumbbell on my chair, and push-ups and sit-ups on the mat. I also have the doorway pull-up bar I would use. I also have a spin bike in my bedroom (my bedroom is pretty large).

The past year I decided to quit booz completely. I won't have had a drop in an entire year coming up next week. My minimum in the gym is 4 days a week and I've been spending about 2 hours+ each session. Some would argue it's overkill but I enjoy being a gym rat so don't really care. I would probably spend another day or so more if I could but my job doesn't allow that due to long hours. I'm healthier than ever and have a pretty good balance going on.

Dick pics on request even for Baler.
Old 08-07-2017, 08:46 AM
Planar Protector

To add onto your request for suggestions. My buddy actually setup a desk so that he could use his stationary bike. I also have two friends who religiously use a standing desk.
Old 08-07-2017, 09:18 AM
Kobold

Over the last month, I've regained the range of motion for my left shoulder, which had tendinitis. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-07-2017, 09:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To add onto your request for suggestions. My buddy actually setup a desk so that he could use his stationary bike. I also have two friends who religiously use a standing desk.
Unfortunately I'm in a 1-bedroom condo with a wife and kid, so no room for a bike nor could I use it while the little one is asleep (sleeps in the living room where I am forced to play P99 in the dark with no volume!).

Dumbell is a good idea, maybe just a light one (20 lbs?) to work on some toning, don't care about getting big or anything like that. May even try and get that at work (may look like an idiot, but whatevs). Cardio is kind of tough to do for me, but maybe can just do some standing squats to get some of that blood flowing and heart rate up.
Old 08-07-2017, 09:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unfortunately I'm in a 1-bedroom condo with a wife and kid, so no room for a bike nor could I use it while the little one is asleep (sleeps in the living room where I am forced to play P99 in the dark with no volume!).

Dumbell is a good idea, maybe just a light one (20 lbs?) to work on some toning, don't care about getting big or anything like that. May even try and get that at work (may look like an idiot, but whatevs). Cardio is kind of tough to do for me, but maybe can just do some standing squats to get some of that blood flowing and heart rate up.
Yea, 15-25lbs is fine. You aren't going to get huge on your computer chair but you will tone up, gain some/sustain strength, feel better, and burn calories you wouldn't otherwise be burning just staring at the screen. At work I sometimes use a steel hand gripper for forearms. I wish I could bring dumbbells to my work place.
Old 08-07-2017, 09:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is neither rant nor flame - need a mod to flush this turd
Rant is the past form of the verb to run. Such as I rant to the park.

Clearly not feeling the burn!
Old 08-07-2017, 10:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is neither rant nor flame - need a mod to flush this turd
Now it is.
Closed Thread