Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 09:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's something I never had to manage, but I seen others who had a colostomy bag... big time inconvenience, and could be messy/stinky sometimes too.

One guy I knew who had one had a joke that he would open the bag up and pull the peanuts out to eat them later. I guess he didn't digest the peanuts so they were left in his bag with other stuffs? I never asked to see the contents either. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Hopefully you can get that thing off sooner than later.

on a side note, nearly all the colostomy bags I seen on people were due to them taking gunshot wounds to the abdomen. They also had a huge vertical scar running from their sternum down to their lower gut.

Made me understand that even if you live from a gunshot, the aftermath is nothing to sneeze at and sometimes the injury is something a person has to live with for the rest of their lives.
yeah i have to chew food well, don't digest fiber much at all; but no real scars cause i got laparoscopic surgery. Most annoying thing to me atm is that it interferes with certain types of exercise I enjoy. But just a few more months and i'll be all good [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-09-2017, 04:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last Thursday I successfully ran 13.2km/h for 35 minutes, and have been working at 13.4km/h for the same duration, no breaks, no stopping, no water.

Didn't manage it today but the beauty of the gym is it's always there and after a rest day tomorrow I'll be trying again on Wednesday!

Today's session total: 811 calories burnt (with other equipment)
Smashed 13.4km/h for 35 minutes today after having a rather shit attempt at it when the thread opened lol.

Amid a guy doing walking handstands (for fitness, right?), off duty PTs walking around flexing while saying hello to the gym rats and other general gym etiquette I sweated to videos on the wall including Da Rude - Sandstorm (spotted a couple of 19-20yr old Twitch nerds react when that came on) and some shit Janet Jackson song from 1998.

Main thing is it's progress, and attempting 13.6km/h next session. I set a target of clearing 14.0 by Christmas but it feels like a big leap ^^

Hope y'all are getting out there, or even grinding out some sets/reps while on the elf sim <3
Old 08-09-2017, 10:23 AM
Planar Protector

km/hr? wtf, this is 'Merica!
Old 08-09-2017, 02:47 PM
Planar Protector

I dont know what that is in mph, but its progress however you measure it ^^
Old 08-09-2017, 02:54 PM
Banned

1 mile = 1.6 km or 1 km = .6 miles RUFFLY

Always struck me as strange that America is on full Imperial Measurements, but now the UK is using centigrade, metric for most things? Do you guys measure things in feet anymore, swish?

really fucked up state of the world.

Give us the metric system. MAGA!
Old 08-09-2017, 03:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermonk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like to hit the heavy bag for about 3-5 rounds and skip rope for 3 rounds everyday. my speedbag is broken and I can't convince myself to spend $60/mo at a boxing gym.
I was doing some heavy bag training a ways back to go with Krav Maga. My hands were getting a bit arthritic even with proper mexi-wraps and good gel gloves. Ice helped, but it was mucking with my ability to comfortably play guitar and bass, much less make them.

Still though, heavy bag training is incredible!
Old 08-09-2017, 03:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1 mile = 1.6 km or 1 km = .6 miles RUFFLY

Always struck me as strange that America is on full Imperial Measurements, but now the UK is using centigrade, metric for most things? Do you guys measure things in feet anymore, swish?

really fucked up state of the world.

Give us the metric system. MAGA!
I might imagine it's used among trade/craftsmen. For example, Japanese traditional carpenters still use Japanese units of measure even though Japan uses the metric system for everything else. The thing that irks me more than the imperial system is its bastardization with decimals.
Old 08-09-2017, 06:48 PM
Fire Giant

lots of non-D1 athletes ITT giving advice.
Old 08-09-2017, 06:54 PM
Banned

up to 4.7 EPC on my automated marketing funnel, goal is 8 EPC once we get the 2nd workshop revised, Q&A, and closeout sequences programmed in properly

PST if u wanna do a jv promo thanks
Old 08-09-2017, 07:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankdan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lots of non-D1 athletes ITT giving advice.
Feel free to contribute! You might be able to share something that others can learn from.
Closed Thread