Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 03:49 PM
Large Bat

Default Will there ever be updated models on P1999?

I know I'm a pleb for not wanting classic models. Although it's never been a game breaker for me. I always wondered if p1999 would ever enable luck on models. Without affecting everyone else's view of your char. I know they are in game because I see non classic enchanter pets .
Old 10-08-2017, 04:10 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Luclin models used to be in P99 but the staff spent time and energy figuring out how to permanently remove them.

So no.
Old 10-08-2017, 04:38 PM
Fire Giant

No

And people using luclin model elemental's I hope all of your attacks are misses and all of your spells are resisted and all of your gate attempts collapse =3
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 10-08-2017, 05:20 PM
Banned

gerd blers the sterf
Old 10-08-2017, 05:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Luclin models used to be in P99 but the staff spent time and energy figuring out how to permanently remove them.
Not so much. They put in a 10-minute hack fix to block people from logging in with an edited GlobalLoad.txt... but it's still possible to load Luclin models by piggybacking off non-classic model files in the canonical GlobalLoad.txt. They would have to spend another 5 minutes trimming non-classic stuff from GlobalLoad.txt if they wanted to block the current method for loading Luclin models.

There would still be at least one other method available after that, but it would probably be too much effort to be worth making a tool for, and it would most likely be impossible to load Luclin hair and armor models correctly with it. But that could be blocked by making some strategic checks on the model data in the global*_chr.s3d files in any case.
Old 10-08-2017, 06:24 PM
Fire Giant

not classic...and luclin models look like shit anyways. the characters and the elementals. they moved like retards. Dont turn Norrath into the special olympics. Please.
Last edited by Vidar; 10-08-2017 at 06:39 PM..
Old 10-08-2017, 06:45 PM
Planar Protector

People get so mad about how other people enjoy playing their game. Which is classic human behavior. It's right up there with non-marijuana smokers having strong opinions about marijuana smoking, straight people having a problem with gay marriage, etc. Doesn't affect your gameplay. It's optional. Please shut up.
Old 10-08-2017, 07:12 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People get so mad about how other people enjoy playing their game. Which is classic human behavior. It's right up there with non-marijuana smokers having strong opinions about marijuana smoking, straight people having a problem with gay marriage, etc. Doesn't affect your gameplay. It's optional. Please shut up.
It's more about vanity. I don't want people to see me that way. lol
Its like you got dressed for an event wearing a suit, you did your hair, you think you look good.
Imagine if when you got there, all anyone saw was you in a pair of dirty sweatpants and a torn t-shirt.
Old 10-08-2017, 09:17 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-08-2017, 09:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah but people that smoke drugs have to go out of their way to tell you about their drug smoking which does effect my gameplay cause it makes me want to die even more than normal.

Plush Bufnstuf
Closed Thread