Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2019, 12:34 PM
Planar Protector

Default Should I make a Druid alt and moonlight in Dial-A-Port?

Get a Druid to 39-44 just for porting purposes, both for Castle guildies and side cash?

I don't mind doing it, especially if it'll get me some better gear on my Ranger main and future Bard/Pally alts. I can rootrot and buttsit all day if I have to. I'm as lazy as they come. But does the server need another Druid/porter, or is it just wasted breath?
Old 06-22-2019, 01:52 PM
Kobold

There is always a need, I've been in lineups frequently waiting for a port. More demand than there is service I find! (I made my own druid, doing the same thing. High teens so long way to go)
Old 06-22-2019, 02:58 PM
Fire Giant

Getting a druid from level 1 to 19 is like falling off a log. It's dead simple to do, and it's pretty quick. This assumes that you abuse quests like Kaladim Bone chips, Crushbone Belts, and bandit sashes for Qeynos. Levels 19 to 35 took me about 4 evenings of casual play through use of the bread delivery quest from South Karana to Feerott. I've heard that the bread quest has been patched to no longer allow huge experience gains, but I've also heard that the delivery to Feerott and Freeport end points were left un nerfed. I'd give it a try if you're wanting a druid with basic ports.
Old 06-24-2019, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

Bread Quest delivery to Feerrott net you 1% pr turn in at lvl 24. Cant imagine anyone would wanna level that way
Old 06-24-2019, 03:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Get a Druid to 39-44 just for porting purposes, both for Castle guildies and side cash?

I don't mind doing it, especially if it'll get me some better gear on my Ranger main and future Bard/Pally alts. I can rootrot and buttsit all day if I have to.
Bone chips and CB belts until 14, charm from 14-34, quad from 34-44. Focus on leveling until 44, CS/WL make up a substantial percentage of porting fare.

Porting isn't always great money. You'll hit strings of back-to-back-to-back CRs, people tipping ~10p, and time wasters ("Hey can you come pick me up at FoB?") that will ruin your plat per hour. Time of day and how much competition you have versus other porters makes a big difference too. But, during earthquakes and repops, its not difficult to make some pretty nice plat per hour if you stay on the ball. Be ready for big swings of doing 200p/hour for a bit, then >500p/hour when things spawn.

Quote:
I'm as lazy as they come. But does the server need another Druid/porter, or is it just wasted breath?
It all depends on what time you hawk your wares and what's going on. There are times when it is common for there to be 0-2 44+ Dial a Port'ers online, and that is the time when it (usually) pays well. Once there's more than ~6 DaP'ers online, I generally do something else, unless repop is going on.
Last edited by Crawdad; 06-24-2019 at 03:51 PM..
Old 06-24-2019, 05:26 PM
Planar Protector

Roll a mage and get it to 50ish. Being able to farm dungeons with 8 summoned 100% weight reduction bags should beat porting plat. Some really good zones if you know where to go I know some people are banking big pp doing this.
Closed Thread