Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 08:51 AM
Planar Protector

Default Druid equipment 20+

What are key items for a Druid levelling up?

I happen to have come in to possession of a lumi staff and goblin gazughi ring fairly recently and am interested to know if there are other key items for the Druid levelling experience? Other equipment is basically raw-hide at the moment.
Old 06-19-2019, 09:14 AM
Kobold

Since you should be charming for a while, not really. HP/Mana items are always helpful, but nothing big is necessary. The two you listed are the two main items you need.
Old 06-19-2019, 09:47 AM
Planar Protector

Snare and DoT clickies once you are 45.

A fungi would be very helpful as well to save tons of mana when you take hits while charming.

Root necklace quest if you are a wood elf.
Old 06-19-2019, 11:22 AM
Planar Protector

TLDR; You literally already have all the gear you need to get to level 60.

So Druids have three main styles of fighting (charm, quad, and root/rot), and since root/rot will tend to be the least efficient you'll mainly want to be charming and quadding.

Each style requires some (but very little) gear to be efficient. If you just get that gear, that's really all you need to level ... ... and I say this having leveled my Druid to 60 with almost complete garbage gear (eg. looted leather) in many slots (the only exception was a couple 6/65 rings) .... and about half of his slots were actually empty for most of that time! Even when I hit 60 I still had like six slots with nothing at all in them.

(Although, to be fair, in the 40's I did give him my Fungal Tunic and it was surprisingly awesome for a non-Shaman/non-melee.)

The first item that matters, from as early as level 14 onward, is the Goblin Gazughi Ring. Charming is probably the fastest way to level through the early levels (you'll race through the CZ alligator pit/caves), and while you can do it without the ring, the ring is really nice to have.

Personally I charmed all the way to 45 and only started quadding then, although I think you can quad earlier (I just didn't). People say you need lots of gear to have a big mana pool, but I found that all I needed was one other item: the Luminescent Staff. Even with my half-nekid crap mana pool I was quadding giants in Eastern Wastes (and later other stuff in Emerald Jungle and Wakening Lands) for many levels just using that terrible mana pool and the staff (even with the low mana pool I still usually only needed a few staff clicks to finish each quad).

Finally, once I stopped quadding and headed to the famed Permafrost Bear Pits, I picked up the Druid Epic and the Elder Spiritist's Vambraces (I also picked up Elder Spiritist's Gauntlets for snare, but once I got the epic I found I stopped using it). Both those items give DoTs which you can throw in while charming at high levels to speed up the killing a bit (eg. you can DoT your future pet, charm it, then DoT the thing it's fighting, and since both are DoTed it won't ruin the charm fight).

But while the epic, ES gear, and of course Fungi were all nice to have (the first two sped my leveling up a small amount, and the latter saved me from a few deaths), none of those items were essential. Truly with just two items (the ring/staff) any Druid can level all the way to 60 .

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 06-19-2019 at 11:28 AM..
Old 06-19-2019, 11:40 AM
Planar Protector

P.S. This thread inspired me to start a new wiki page: http://wiki.project1999.com/Equipping_a_Druid

It's not (yet) as full-featured as the http://wiki.project1999.com/Equipping_a_Shaman page, but I got the ball rolling and hopefully others can fill it out more.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-19-2019, 12:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P.S. This thread inspired me to start a new wiki page: http://wiki.project1999.com/Equipping_a_Druid

It's not (yet) as full-featured as the http://wiki.project1999.com/Equipping_a_Shaman page, but I got the ball rolling and hopefully others can fill it out more.
You can maybe add Tanglewood Shield. Technically it's a raid drop, but it's tradeable. It's clicky ensnare (instead of snare). Which, similar to fungi, is a luxury item and not something needed for leveling.

And I suppose an instant cast like Shrunken Goblin Earring/Telescope for global cooldown manipulation is helpful on any caster class.
Last edited by jolanar; 06-19-2019 at 12:23 PM..
Old 06-19-2019, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

a thurg BP for twink ez mode regen
Closed Thread