Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2019, 01:55 AM
Sarnak

Default Shaman-focussed CoM guide

Hi all

Anyone know of a wiki guide or a relatively comprehensive forum post/guide on Shaman soloing in CoM? I'm level 40, want to grind levels and get epic pages, but have never levelled in CoM.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-26-2019, 10:04 AM
Planar Protector

I don't know of any off the top of my head, except I think someone wrote one in the forum years ago, specifically for the 2nd floor. EDIT: I couldn't find it, but I think I might have been misremembering, because the Evil Shaman Guide has a section on it at the bottom (but the 2nd level has mobs that are too high level for you right now anyway)

The 2nd floor requires a little trickiness to get to, so that's why someone made a guide for it, but most of the zone is on the first floor and is very straightforward. Walk in, kill some mobs, run to zone line if anything goes wrong. Go deeper as you learn the place. My advice would be to just go try it.

Maybe bring an IVU potion, as it might help getting around, but the mix of undead and non-undead means it's no guarantee of safe passage.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 06-26-2019 at 10:07 AM..
Old 06-26-2019, 10:17 AM
Sarnak

Not really answering your question, but there are a lot of different groups that tend to be XPing in CoM at any given time. You can always /ooc that you are looking for Shaman pages, most groups are happy to alert you when they've got one on a corpse.

I've done a lot of leveling in CoM, but 99.9% of it has been in a group. Pretty easy to find a group to join in CoM and the XP flows pretty easy if you've got a good group.

You may have trouble finding mobs to solo if most of the groups are active, especially during prime time. I definitely have seen people trying to solo, but as far as I know (at least the downstairs area of CoM) is mostly a group zone.

Sorry if this wasn't exactly what you were looking for, but I hope it helped even a little [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Werga ⋆ Level 29 Shaman ⋆ Troll
Taruuk ⋆ Level 14 Necromancer ⋆ Dark Elf

Old 06-27-2019, 01:03 AM
Sarnak

Thanks to you both.

I play more in Euro times, but I gather Level 1 is more grouping, and Level 2 is more soloing? But that I won't be able to solo Level 2 until I'm in my mid 40s?
Old 06-27-2019, 07:25 AM
Kobold

Level 1 is mostly grouping, and level 2 is mostly soloing, yes. You won't be able to solo level 2 until mid 50s though.
Old 06-27-2019, 10:02 AM
Sarnak

Righto. I do prefer to solo so I may just stay there until I get enough faction for the epic.
Old 06-28-2019, 06:13 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

40-45: stables(only place to get courier) or ent/courtyard
45-50(52): temple or moat

Or group in any level 1 camp
Old 07-09-2019, 05:13 PM
Aviak

Ignore the level 2 stuff, that's meaningless at your level. As someone who actually leveled a shaman in CoM and got max truespirit faction while doing it, I have a few things for you to consider:

-Do you have enough faction to do the CoM step? If not, fix that first. You want those sow boots anyway. Your guild should have enough level 60s to help you with the wolf in MM. If no help can be gotten, repeat soloable steps for sufficient faction.
-All the CoM epic drops are random, apart from the one from stables. That camp is where you want to be at 40. Great solo/duo camp, you're lucky to be in the euro time zone since it's generally less crowded then.
-Since the turn in is a container combine, you can get a full set of pages, combine, and get another set to combine at the quest npc. Saves you some running.
Old 07-10-2019, 01:50 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostepop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ignore the level 2 stuff, that's meaningless at your level. As someone who actually leveled a shaman in CoM and got max truespirit faction while doing it, I have a few things for you to consider:

-Do you have enough faction to do the CoM step? If not, fix that first. You want those sow boots anyway. Your guild should have enough level 60s to help you with the wolf in MM. If no help can be gotten, repeat soloable steps for sufficient faction.
-All the CoM epic drops are random, apart from the one from stables. That camp is where you want to be at 40. Great solo/duo camp, you're lucky to be in the euro time zone since it's generally less crowded then.
-Since the turn in is a container combine, you can get a full set of pages, combine, and get another set to combine at the quest npc. Saves you some running.
Thanks for the reply.

Guildies helped me get the Black Dire step at 40, so was all set. But I struggled to get a group at 40 in CoM so ended up going to yetis in DL for a bit. Did well there over XP boost weekend so I'm nearly 43 now.

My plan is to hit 43 with yetis then go to CoM where I should be more appealing for groups?
Old 07-10-2019, 03:47 AM
Aviak

Depends how long you want to stay 43. I'd either solo or make my own group by finding a melee to duo with, preferably monk.
Closed Thread