Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 05:07 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frudrura [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everything else they do, there are classes that do it way better, especially if you compare Bard to Enchanter. Bard is basically a useless class.
I can't tell if you're a troll or just have no idea what you're talking about...
Old 06-07-2016, 11:31 AM
Kobold

I been playing bard solo/group and now these pasts few levels from 40 to 47 so far i been AoE kiting. My thoughts on the class. Very powerful, if not to say, overpowered PvE toon. Brings HELLA LOT to a group. You also have wide array of options to overcome almost any challenge due to your skills being spammable (at least 99% of them) without using any resource at all.

If you solo, Charm is your best friend, along dots, and of course, meleeing stuff when needed, but as other mentioned, your melee is subpar compared to other classes, due to the fact that we don't get double attack (and is very noticiable) plus our weapons aren't very deadly at all, not great ratios at all. Anyways due to your insane array of options, like i said earlier, you can face every challenge, and barely have any cooldown at all due to insane HP chant regen, kite ability with selos, fear/snare combo that makes necros jelly of your spammable aoe snare/fear that costs no mana at all.

In groups, this is where you shine. Insane HP Regen, haste group buffs, resists buffs, mana regen that stacks with Cs. You bring also very nice CC to the table if needed. My favorite one is to slow+snare mobs then pull off fear, makes your DPS (specially if you got a rogue) love you, and your healers because you're saving them to have to use any mana at all. You can also aoe mezz in urgent cases and keep the group alive. Single mezz that lasts longer, Charm. Definately the bard is a very self-sufficient class you will love in every aspect. It feels very satisfying =)
Old 06-07-2016, 11:32 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenlaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't tell if you're a troll or just have no idea what you're talking about...
He must be a troll or have no clue at all of what he is talking about. I solo way better on a Bard than an enchanter, despite the fact that we don't have 'perma' Charm.
Closed Thread