Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 02:51 PM
Kobold

I have to ask for handouts! See, I have this bad habit. Amass wealth -> buy stuff for say paladin -> quit paladin, not what I hoped -> handout all of his stuff to players who DO enjoy the class.

I'm poor from giving so much of myself.
<rattles a tin cup> I wonder if this is a viable 1hb...
You have become better at begging(2)!

In all seriousness I'd like to roll ikky. But getting the little gear I do have and bandage plat to Kunark is... Tedious, to say the least.

Also in seriousness not begging. I like making my way.
Old 04-03-2014, 03:13 PM
Banned

rogue
Old 04-04-2014, 11:17 AM
Fire Giant

How do the rogues here deal with the less than stellar hide? There should be less see hide mobs in the game than see invis (e.g. sol b kobolds could see invis but not see rogue hide in classic, but sonic bats saw both). That alone has kept me away from playing rogues here. Hide should be better than normal invis.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:00 PM
Kobold

I did more reading the Hide issues, poison issues, pickpocket issues and the lack of piercers to twink with led me to Monk. I just don't get it. Pally weapons are cheap, ranger weapons are cheap. Rogue weapons are expensive as balls.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:16 PM
Sarnak

Simple, the market for the first two basically isnt there, so you try to get what you can. Someone is always making a rogue.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:26 PM
Kobold

Trust me, I get the high high end market. I'm talking the mid level stuff. It makes no sense. UberRich buy Ragebringer. Middlings buy Croaking Dirk, Rapier, etc. why are the mid-range rogue weapons so high still? Real twinks don't want them. People within a few hundred can't afford them. This server is just very Rogue unfriendly.
Old 04-04-2014, 06:03 PM
Sarnak

Not sure I would qualify seb croaking dirk as "mid-level". Still one of the best offhands for high-level rogues. "Mid-level" is more like bone razor/trak tooth/CSS and all those are around 1.5-2k each.

Yes, Hide/Sneak isn't "uber" like it may have been at one time, but for most zones is still pretty much 100% good. Just more of a challenge now to do CR in high-lev zones like Sebilis where RandomMerbX can see through any inviz.
Old 04-05-2014, 04:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzeriel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did more reading the Hide issues, poison issues, pickpocket issues and the lack of piercers to twink with led me to Monk. I just don't get it. Pally weapons are cheap, ranger weapons are cheap. Rogue weapons are expensive as balls.
Lamentations aren't cheap, especially if you want two (which I consider better at 20+ than Woodsman Staff).
Old 04-05-2014, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

Compared to rogue weapons, yes Lammies are cheap. And no, Lammies are not good weapons.
Old 04-05-2014, 03:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Compared to rogue weapons, yes Lammies are cheap. And no, Lammies are not good weapons.
They're better than a Woodsman's Staff for a Ranger.
Closed Thread