Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 01:08 PM
Sarnak

Dunno why there are 20 pages of instructions for how to run in a circle and not get hit by mobs.
Old 01-12-2016, 02:13 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMartigan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shurikens are more practical for pulling fast, but when you have to go get new ones ...
It is well worth the running around between thurgadin and skyshrine to get you one of these bad boys : Bracer Of Hammerfal. Took me maybe 3 or 4 runs, but Selo's makes it fast (except through kael) and I haven't bought a throwing anything since. If you can get a friendly druid to GD-CS you a few times it'll be even faster.
Old 01-12-2016, 06:39 PM
Kobold

Question, I am in OT I am doing very well never get hit, and kill and pull well. I am lvl 19 right now and got 2 yellows from my last pull. Should i be pulling more things? I mean really take my time and grab alot of stuff then go back or keep doing what i am doing and just do a loop around collecting what i can.
Old 01-15-2016, 01:40 AM
Kobold

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Note - I have spent some time in this zone, and this is my take on it. I like this path because the kill zone there are no wondering mobs that come in there. its a little weird at first because there is a big cliff, but if you do it right its a great spot. Other kill zones have wondering beast. and i hate to stop kiting and move out the way.
Old 01-15-2016, 03:59 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMachine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Note - I have spent some time in this zone, and this is my take on it. I like this path because the kill zone there are no wondering mobs that come in there. its a little weird at first because there is a big cliff, but if you do it right its a great spot. Other kill zones have wondering beast. and i hate to stop kiting and move out the way.
Great graphic, Sew!

This is the exact loop I used to pull, and the spot I used to kill. A little tip though: at night time (I think 11pm but I honestly cannot remember the exact time but it is a very exact time, so once you spot them that's the time they'll be back every night) the dragoon patrol walks through this kill zone. They path in from the closest tip of the canyon closest to the the outpost is, where the area starts and go along the inside rim towards the ramps until thry trace the canyon all the way until they're outside of the kill zone. They don't come back through until the next night. Never pull cats or rhinos.

Once I got to about 22 or so the newb stuff greened out and I was never able to find more than about 20 or so DB-Yellow mobs to pull and as you level up that number gets smaller and smaller. Don't be discouraged by this, because it's still infinitely faster than any other leveling you could do at that level.

Once you green out, just head to LOIO for a few levels until you can go to FV. I personally couldn't get a handle on the hit boxes in FV so as soon as I was able to get the higher level mobs in LOIO to con yellow or below I went back there because of their super small hit boxes. Just pull everything except cats and rhinos from the southern tip of the outpost running south towards the FM zone then head back to the kill zone along the same route you came from.

Once this greens out there's no where on the planet you can kite that doesn't have big hit boxes. So either deal with that, single kite (inefficient), or charm kite mobs in DL (pretty good xp if you can get a nice rhythm, or group.

Good luck! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Asher
Old 01-15-2016, 09:49 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMachine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Question, I am in OT I am doing very well never get hit, and kill and pull well. I am lvl 19 right now and got 2 yellows from my last pull. Should i be pulling more things? I mean really take my time and grab alot of stuff then go back or keep doing what i am doing and just do a loop around collecting what i can.
As you get more used to pulling, you should be able to pull (up to around level 40) and ding every single pull, or almost ding. If you master Fioriona Vie 40-45 is like 8 pulls. It doesn't matter if you die sometimes, if you can quickly recover and make another pull, you'll never notice the exp loss. It also doesn't matter if you pull 20 or 200, as long as you don't get hit. Always pull everything possible that doesn't ruin the game for other people in zone (this is why FV and BW are great, empty zones).

Important side note to this: Don't kite in DL if you are going to pull everything, because the zone crashes if you pull too much.
Old 01-15-2016, 01:27 PM
Kobold

Typo - lvl should be 26ish. not 29ish
Old 01-19-2016, 08:18 AM
Aviak

Anyone have COM swarm instructions? I generally use no speed bonus and just strafe swarm...However the small space in COM I am not able to do that. Does anyone do it with jboots and just strafe or does everyone strafe and mouse look out?
Closed Thread