Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2016, 02:35 AM
Sarnak

So if all goes well I should have my Swiftwind by mid-week (fingers crossed). I have just been using dual lammys since my woodsman's staff seemed to taper off in damage after hitting 50. Was trying not to invest much in weapons as I was hoping to be upgrading them through raids or completing epic. Im wondering, should I just buy a Jade Mace or would a Frostbringer be better dps post 50? Has anyone parced these two weapons. From the below, it looks like these weapons perform fairly similar, however, I was wondering if anyone had any first hand experience comparing them. For the price, I would prefer to get the Jade Mace but it seems the Frostbringer ratio is better and not much slower...

Frostbringer: ((12*2)+11) / 22 = 1.59
Jade Mace: ((9*2) + 11) / 18 = 1.61
Old 10-08-2016, 04:54 AM
Fire Giant

Woodsman is still better than lammies all way up to 60 2.265 vs 2.09. I also changed to lammies for awhile but went back to the good old stick :-)

I envy you for swiftwind, I play so casual these days only way for me is prob to mq the stone. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-08-2016, 07:47 AM
Sarnak

I felt like the 1h weapons were more consistent 50+. I would try to put the woodsman's Staff back on throughout fights but would get nothing but miss messages with it equipped or hit for very low damage. Seemed with the 1h weapons I was averaging more sustained dps than a few good rounds with the woodman's could keep up with.
Old 10-08-2016, 07:48 AM
Aviak

Jade Mace

Superranger Uselessranger, 60 Ranger of Azure Guard !
Old 10-08-2016, 09:04 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkreap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I felt like the 1h weapons were more consistent 50+. I would try to put the woodsman's Staff back on throughout fights but would get nothing but miss messages with it equipped or hit for very low damage. Seemed with the 1h weapons I was averaging more sustained dps than a few good rounds with the woodman's could keep up with.
"Seemed", "felt"... Get yourself a copy of gamparse and you can make decisions based on facts rather than feelings haha.

Life's hard when you're stupid.
Last edited by Kutsumo; 10-08-2016 at 09:09 AM..
Old 10-10-2016, 11:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by koros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Parsing will probably be required, but I suspect Swiftwind offhand will outdamage Tolan's offhand in almost all cases where the mainhand is decent. Maybe the AC is handled differently (buff ac or something, the live calcs were done that way) and it's ridiculously good for tanking?
I think the important thing is the Swiftwind augmenting the damage of the primary hand (or even bow). Ac from worn buffs come under spell AC. Most of the way through velious worn AC was fairly trivial to cap. As such, if you were close to / at / over that cap worn AC would appear to have little difference, making spells / worn spells seem much bigger in effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demokatt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Woodsman is still better than lammies all way up to 60 2.265 vs 2.09. I also changed to lammies for awhile but went back to the good old stick :-)

I envy you for swiftwind, I play so casual these days only way for me is prob to mq the stone. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
VSR is up practically all the time and the triggered VS drops two stones. The stone isn't hard to come across (and if you do decide to MQ make sure to negotiate down the price based on that).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutsumo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Seemed", "felt"... Get yourself a copy of gamparse and you can make decisions based on facts rather than feelings haha.
In fairness, the Woodsman hits for a wider range of damage and does less hits in a given time span, which does make it mathematically more random. It's not like the weapon set ups are orders of magnitude different. The big delay has an advantage if you find yourself cast spells or tanking.
Last edited by Jimjam; 10-10-2016 at 11:42 AM..
Old 10-10-2016, 02:11 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah that is true, but its hard to beat the feeling when it hits for 2x150 damage.

Although I have never understood the argument of casting between swings, what are you casting, level 1 spells? Or is it me being too hasted :-)
Old 10-10-2016, 04:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In fairness, the Woodsman hits for a wider range of damage and does less hits in a given time span, which does make it mathematically more random. It's not like the weapon set ups are orders of magnitude different. The big delay has an advantage if you find yourself cast spells or tanking.
Yes exactly. When we're talking 5% or 10% differences between two weapon setups that deal their damage in a very different way (big slow hits vs small fast hits), there's just no way that you can accurately "feel" how much DPS you're doing with either setup.

Old 10-10-2016, 04:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by demokatt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah that is true, but its hard to beat the feeling when it hits for 2x150 damage.

Although I have never understood the argument of casting between swings, what are you casting, level 1 spells? Or is it me being too hasted :-)
You lose less delay time when casting between swings of a 2her than with 1hers. The level of the spell doesn't matter.

Closed Thread