Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2016, 07:47 PM
Banned

Default MIN/MAXING A ROGUE'S GLOVE SLOT

Hi, Borgnach Snatchgrabber level 23 Dwarven Rogue here. I currently have Banded Gloves 7 AC and Elf-Hide GLoves 4 AC +5 AGI +5 DEX.

I'm not really sure how much AGI and DEX are going to help. Are any of my rogue based abilities DEX checks? Perhaps PP and PL
Old 09-25-2016, 07:59 PM
Fire Giant

Perhaps an easier question would be to ask how often you're getting hit.... do you think that 3ac is better than 5agi and 5dex? Unless you're hesitant to lose your chain look I'd use the elf-hide.
Old 09-25-2016, 08:12 PM
Planar Protector

traps, poisons, and chance to hit are just a few important things affected by your dex.
Old 09-25-2016, 10:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi, Borgnach Snatchgrabber level 23 Dwarven Rogue here. I currently have Banded Gloves 7 AC and Elf-Hide GLoves 4 AC +5 AGI +5 DEX.

I'm not really sure how much AGI and DEX are going to help. Are any of my rogue based abilities DEX checks? Perhaps PP and PL
STR is the only attribute that matters until end-game, and then STA is more important. Dex isn't a combat stat besides proc rate.
Old 09-26-2016, 02:54 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
traps, poisons, and chance to hit are just a few important things affected by your dex.
I've heard anecdotally that chance to hit is affected by dex, but I haven't seen any evidence for this. The EQEmu code doesn't use dex for hit chance (see https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/blob...one/attack.cpp), and even though p99 doesn't use this, I wouldn't expect a difference as significant as dex mattering vs not mattering to be different between stock EQEmu and p99. Also, dex doesn't affect your ATK stat in the client, right?

I wrote a Monk guide: Meviin's Monk Mechanics
I wrote a guide on purple links in incoming messages:
Meviin's Macros: Purple Links When Pulling

Meviin - 60 Monk (Iksar) <Kittens Who Say Meow>
Laylot - 21 Necromancer (Iksar) <Kittens Who Say Meow>
Kozev - 12 Enchanter (High Elf) <Kittens Who Say Meow>
Old 09-26-2016, 03:11 AM
Planar Protector

On live rogues (and beastlords) get a defence bonus from stacking Agi. I don't think this bonus is widely known about and I don't know how long it has been part of EQ so I suppose it doesn't exist here.
Old 09-26-2016, 07:14 PM
Banned

Yeah doors, got prof? pretty sure DEX only afffects crits, crips, and procs for melee here
Old 09-26-2016, 08:18 PM
Planar Protector

I'd do the 7ac, personally. 5agi is like 1.5 ac, so net act less than the 7ac gloves. Dex can go finesse itself softly.
Old 09-26-2016, 08:48 PM
Fire Giant

dex matter on red for pvp chance to hit, it's been posted on here before by devs.
Old 09-30-2016, 05:27 PM
Banned

Emergency update: I am wearing elf hide gloves. If I was leveling back in classic without the insane meta game knowledge we share collectively I would Definitely be wearing the elf hide.
Closed Thread