Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2018, 10:57 PM
Orc

Default Encyclopedia Necrotheurgia

Greetings!

I’m wondering how feasible it would be to try and farm the Necro book in Hate. I’ve found a ton of conflicting information about the PH cycle, location and spawn time of the Ashenbone Broodmaster. Difficult to say if the information I’ve found on the web pertains to live, classic Hate or Hate 2.0.

Anyone have experience trying to obtain this book? Assuming well geared / experienced players, what’s the smallest force required to kill the PH / named? What’s the respawn time? Does it spawn in numerous locations, or one particular location?

Appreciate any help that can be provided.
Last edited by anarchy_84; 07-03-2018 at 11:00 PM..
Old 07-04-2018, 12:24 AM
Fire Giant

Extremely hard, although possibly ever-so-slightly less so now that Sirfloppin isn't around to ruthlessly train anyone who intrudes upon his cash flow up there.

3 days +/- 12 hours on the minis now, post-nerf. And it was a brutally rare drop to begin with. I've only ever seen 2 drop.

You could probably do it with a single solid group of geared and skilled 60s. And you'd need some kind of backup dragger/rezzer logged for when you wipe, because you will. And it may not even be your fault. Hate is kinda fucked with weird aggro through the walls, floors, and ceiling.

Don't get your hopes up.
Last edited by Bummey; 07-04-2018 at 12:27 AM..
Old 07-04-2018, 11:06 AM
Orc

Appreciate the reply, Bummey. Does the Broodmaster have a specific spawn location, or multiple? I’ve seen reports that he spawns in a building in the southwest corner of the first floor, not far from the church. Is that accurate?
Old 07-04-2018, 10:00 PM
Planar Protector

I knew of one drop in my old guild (Europa), only ever saw it the one time. Don't count on it, but live in hope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-04-2018, 10:18 PM
Planar Protector

Minis can spawn anywhere. That their type spawns. So luckily the Ashenbone spawns are pretty easy. The problem is that Hate is now a raid zone. So you can’t squat in zone anymore. You must race from the ent. Which is hard to do when you can’t have a crew camped at the well. So not only do you need a group or more of 60s but you also need competent pullers and speed.

The book is definitely ultra rare. I would say it is rarer than Pasta staff.

Until they allow camping in the zone you won’t have any kind of shot ever.

Currently the best way to get one is to join a guild that literally does Hate on the regular and hope nobody else has a necro and or they do randoms not dkp or loot council.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 07-05-2018, 07:55 PM
Fire Giant

I saw some random necro wearing a Green Silken Drape get one on a random Clue raid. Wasn't even guilded but no other necros were there.
Old 07-05-2018, 10:23 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Minis can spawn anywhere. That their type spawns. So luckily the Ashenbone spawns are pretty easy. The problem is that Hate is now a raid zone. So you can’t squat in zone anymore. You must race from the ent. Which is hard to do when you can’t have a crew camped at the well. So not only do you need a group or more of 60s but you also need competent pullers and speed.

The book is definitely ultra rare. I would say it is rarer than Pasta staff.

Until they allow camping in the zone you won’t have any kind of shot ever.

Currently the best way to get one is to join a guild that literally does Hate on the regular and hope nobody else has a necro and or they do randoms not dkp or loot council.
I’m not sure I understand what you mean. If you know the Drake is within its spawn window you can’t just go up to Hate and kill stuff / wait for it? What’s stopping people from holding down a camp in the zone?
Old 07-05-2018, 10:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchy_84 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m not sure I understand what you mean. If you know the Drake is within its spawn window you can’t just go up to Hate and kill stuff / wait for it? What’s stopping people from holding down a camp in the zone?
Sirken and the staff are the people that is stopping you.

And other guilds will petiton you and you will get suspended.

Fear and Hate are now Raid Zones.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 07-05-2018, 10:36 PM
Orc

What does that mean, though? “A raid zone” is pretty vague. If no one’s in the zone currently holding a raid you can’t just go in and kill shit? You have to schedule time on a calendar somewhere?

If I bring two groups of 60’s up there to kill shit does that bar everyone else on the server from entering the zone? What are the restrictions or “a raid zone”?
Old 07-05-2018, 10:40 PM
Planar Protector

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=189856

Start by digesting that. It will help kind of.

And

No if you take groups up there and are up there when the mini spawns you are DQd from killing that mini.

Anyone else can be in the zone with you.

The rules are vague and complicated so read up and the best person to ask questions to is Sirken himself as the rules fluctuate per situation.

GL.

Closed Thread