Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2020, 09:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To be clear they aren’t a dead end class from the perspective of no one wanting them on the raid. There’s no raid size cap so hey another guy whacking the mob with a sword doesn’t hurt. But if you want to be playing a major role than yeah you won’t be on a pally or SK from Kunark on.

Similar issues exist with other classes. Like Druid for example. You’re just a buff bot and technically a backup healer but you can’t really do much as a healer compared to a Cleric. Mage you just summon mod rods because your nukes aren’t gonna stick. Bards you play songs. Etc. Raiding is a pretty boring job for a lot of classes TBH.
They are a dead class in that their value is nearly worthless. All they end up doing in Kunark and esp Velious is taking gear that should be going to the classes actually contributing real value in raids.
Old 09-01-2020, 09:48 PM
Kobold

"real value" --------- "elf simulator"

pick one
Old 09-01-2020, 10:55 PM
Planar Protector

Do what you're told, listen on comms, do what you're told, stay in camp, do what you're told, stand on incoming, do what you're told, don't spam the dkp bid channel, do what you're told, send tells for buffs, do what you're told, wait for assist, do what you're told...
Old 09-01-2020, 11:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosilk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogues aren't real dps yet. That's casters, esp mages.
Better not tell my raid leader.....according to them I'm a vending machine.
Old 09-01-2020, 11:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosilk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They are a dead class in that their value is nearly worthless. All they end up doing in Kunark and esp Velious is taking gear that should be going to the classes actually contributing real value in raids.
Actually I don’t think that will fully be the case on Green. I think you’re forgetting all the clicky nerfs
Old 09-02-2020, 12:28 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, make sure you make your mains on different accounts, or else you're gonna be stuck playing your Cleric / Ench / Bard, or whatever the most needed class at the time is.
I've heard this a few times but I don't understand the point yet. What's the point of multiple accounts if multiboxing is not allowed?
Old 09-02-2020, 12:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've heard this a few times but I don't understand the point yet. What's the point of multiple accounts if multiboxing is not allowed?
You play the character you want to on one of your accounts and a guildy logs into your other one to play the other character during the raid
Old 09-02-2020, 01:36 AM
Planar Protector

Necro's job: Pissing off raid leader [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-02-2020, 01:37 AM
Planar Protector

Enchanters job: collect DKP while they google solo challenge videos.
Old 09-02-2020, 01:37 AM
Planar Protector

Warriors job: send tells to enchanter about how they never get to be main tank.
Closed Thread