Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Screenshots

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 05:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah, i remember looking upon everquest with joy, an old adventure that you wanted to experience again, my fucking god did things change, ruined a fine memory by playing on those emulators tbh... i hung that shit on the wall and moved on
I agree it's better to keep EQ as a good memory than trying to relive the experience in an emulator that can never recapture the fun we had experiencing the game/world for the first time.

But I think people are too cynical about newer games, I agree most MMOs suck but there's tons of interesting games out there in other genres. And I don't have time as an adult to play MMOs anyways.
Old 06-02-2016, 11:05 PM
Orc

Womper here human warrior in Emerald Defenders and then Zephyros. Alot of old names floating around here!
Old 06-03-2016, 05:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
still lingering around these parts though, rip vallon zek, nothing beat taking the boat for the first time and hearing that flute only to die a miserable death in oot and losing the corpse forever... new games are way to forgiving for my taste
I miss the time when I could play AE songs on the boat without other people being able to retaliate due to boat moving...
Old 06-03-2016, 07:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Womper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Womper here human warrior in Emerald Defenders and then Zephyros. Alot of old names floating around here!
i remember you, human warrior with that custom helm in velious, good lookin fella no doubt
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 06-03-2016, 02:18 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VZ_Xanit K'ven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi Sirkdawg.

I have been an avid watcher of your YouTube channel. My Favorit is the 80 Player pvp in Seb between Azrael and Holo. Been playing on red for a couple of months in 2015, but the red server was deadlocked by a then dominant (and probably superior) guild.

I got 2 questions that have been burning on my fingers for some time:

a) I played VZ on as well, but only classic and kunark. So the magical time you are referencing above was always pre-velly for me. Feeling awesome with an epic, fighting in Karnors or Lavastorm because Ragefire was still worth killing for the Crews.
Question is: Will there ever be a re-launch (I understand a wipe is out of the question) of red with 6-month classic / 6-month kunark or a new introducting of red Teams ?
What would the upkeep costs for that additional server be, dont you think the community could shoulder that via crowdsourcing? If it was 200per month, maybe it can get prefinanced for a first 6 month. Whats your thoughts on that? Ever gonna happen?

b) Second question is: Do you have any more pvp Videos from red server you could upload ? even TNF? There are some Videos out there, but most footage is not shot from the stead perspective of a GM.

And thanks for your positive contribution to project99. Even if a) doesnt work out, I appreciate having been able to relive some 16 year old memories for free.
a) i know that in the past we have discussed another blue server further down the road, as well as a Discord PvP server, and a teams PvP server. so while i can't promise anything, i feel i can say that the staff is certainly open to the idea. Players are always free to donate, but with that said, if it came done to a financial hurdle, we'd let the players know so they could have an opportunity to help if they supported the idea.

b) sadly most of my videos are from streams, and i had to stop streaming read because stream snipers would use it to coordinate attacks against whomever i was recording. that seb video you mentioned i only caught because i was recording a video in anticipation of having a guest from the red server [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

ps- assuming you were XK, since you say you were classic & kunark, were you part of that 12p vs everyone for seb fiasco? because those fights for seb were amazing. and then the lighties turned on the darkies and stole the zone :P

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 06-03-2016, 02:21 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
yeah, i remember looking upon everquest with joy, an old adventure that you wanted to experience again, my fucking god did things change, ruined a fine memory by playing on those emulators tbh... i hung that shit on the wall and moved on

still lingering around these parts though, rip vallon zek, nothing beat taking the boat for the first time and hearing that flute only to die a miserable death in oot and losing the corpse forever... new games are way to forgiving for my taste
it was the community man. VZ had a rarely unique community for a pvp server. and we really didn't realize how lucky we were looking back now after seeing so many other pvp communities

Quote:
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:

Old 06-03-2016, 02:22 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
i remember you, human warrior with that custom helm in velious, good lookin fella no doubt
the velious human helm will always just remind me of Gruffer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 06-03-2016, 02:28 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it was the community man. VZ had a rarely unique community for a pvp server. and we really didn't realize how lucky we were looking back now after seeing so many other pvp communities

After the merger of the zeks I really missed how VZ was, the merger killed the server I think.
Old 06-03-2016, 05:27 PM
Orc

That was me! I miss the old VZ days. I havent been able to find anything close to it since i quit playing.
Old 06-03-2016, 07:58 PM
Orc

Vanguard was pretty good, had a lot of old VZers, flew the XK tag there.
Closed Thread