Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2018, 08:30 AM
Banned

Default What should be my next purchase for my Necro?

My Necro is decently geared, so I'm not too concerned with getting standard gear.

But I'm curious what I should save up for as far as quality of life items go.

What I already have:
  • Jboots
  • Pre-nerf CoS
  • Various mid-range WR bags
  • Various +INT/+HP/+Mana gear
  • Spells up to my level (49)

What I want/think to save for:
  • Epic
  • Zlandicar's Heart
  • Ring of Dain Frostreaver IV
  • +MR gear
  • Spells up to 60
  • A few Tink bags

Which high end items would be priority for a Necro?
Old 10-11-2018, 01:22 PM
Fire Giant

Uff, really depends what you’re interested in doing. Jboots and CoS are really the only truly game breaking trinkets - that aren’t no drop anyway. If we aren’t talking just nice stats stuff like Hiero Cloak or OotIV then things you should be considering:

-Manna Robe - if you want to be min/max’ing then owning this is nice enough. Should not be very high on your list imo.

-Zlandi Heart - I don’t think it’s particularly great for a necro. You’ll be able to vexing/shissarstick yourself to full life and the extra regen isn’t enough to offset Demi Lich.

-Elder Beads - I personally love having these but they’re obviously extremely expensive these days. If I hadn’t looted mine I’m not sure I could see myself valuing them at 400k. They were very nice to have while exp’ing w/o a pet but at 60 I mainly use them to shissarstick heal myself after rezzes / on raids where it’s safe to summon the eye. And to OT hammer.

-Velious legs MQ (preferably SS for boss stats) - I’ve very much enjoyed having this clicky for better QoL.

Okay, on to other - mostly raid drops:

-Epic - very nice with free dps but not strictly speaking needed. Probably won’t allow you to do anything your spellbook alone isn’t already able to. It’s, well, epic though. I’d prioritize this.

-Shissar Staff (VP stick) - very nice but like with epic it won’t suddenly mean your able to camp something you weren’t able to before. Will make you a lot more efficient in certain settings, especially with access to Beads.

-PoHate book (pet focus item) - prioritize this! Not only does it make your Spectre be much bigger (and bigger is always better) it also makes it have more hp and hit harder. This will make a difference to what you can potentially solo if not a massive one.

-Velketor’s bracer - having 500dd clicky is pretty nice for soloing. Not game breaking and useless on raids but probably the item I click the most if soloing trivial stuff.

-10th ring - obvious amazing item. 10 regen clicky is yummy.

Not sure if I’ve left any items.
Old 10-11-2018, 01:42 PM
Banned

thanks! This definitely expands my list
Old 10-11-2018, 08:53 PM
Fire Giant

I'll preface this by saying my necro is only 52 and way down the alt playlist.

Both of your lists are missing the fear staff! This has gone down in price from about 30k to 10-12k recently which is a steal. I'm sure you can find a use for mana free fear clicky.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Staff_of_the_Dreaded_Gaze

I am curious about the manna robe. I've never heard of a necro wanting one. It has a cast time and an inefficient hp to mana conversion ratio (60 hitpoints for 20 mana) compared to a necro's lich spells. To spend 130-150k for one seems like a waste. My wizard has one and with his epic it's very nice. I would really only recommend one for a wizard with epic.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarackObooma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Both of your lists are missing the fear staff! This has gone down in price from about 30k to 10-12k recently which is a steal. I'm sure you can find a use for mana free fear clicky.

I am curious about the manna robe. I've never heard of a necro wanting one. It has a cast time and an inefficient hp to mana conversion ratio (60 hitpoints for 20 mana) compared to a necro's lich spells. To spend 130-150k for one seems like a waste. My wizard has one and with his epic it's very nice. I would really only recommend one for a wizard with epic.
Yeah that staff is really nice.

I think I held off on it because I thought I'd be doing a lot more root rotting and charming at my level. However, I still believe it's a must have item.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarackObooma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If “canni dancing” its an extra 20 mana per tick. If you’re twitching on a raid that matters. It doesn’t matter if you’re at 80% hp or 20% hp when the raid target dies, what matters is the extra one or two twitches you’ve been able to cast. But yeah it’s mostly a raider’s min/max tool. If you throw in Beads and VP stick you kind of start getting a benefit from it a la with wizard epic as you can then heal yourself for free.

I forgot about the fear stick. Nice to have but only really to save a spell slot. The mana saved at lvl 60 is so marginal.
Old 10-11-2018, 10:02 PM
Planar Protector

Check out the quest for words of darkness, its a nice clicky to have when you can't click jboots / don't want to click CoS
Old 10-12-2018, 10:50 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnasP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Check out the quest for words of darkness, its a nice clicky to have when you can't click jboots / don't want to click CoS
This- under-rated item, but actually very useful. I did find the permafrost part a bit of a PITA, but oh well.

Also, if you haven't already you should get a reclaim clicky: https://wiki.project1999.com/Magician_Focus_Items

Nice QoL item for when you are trying to get a max pet and have to try a few times to get it. Easy to buy/farm items for them at your level.

Worth considering if you're looking for an easy resist/raid item: https://wiki.project1999.com/Drachnid_Thyxl
Free/easy to farm alternative to a GBS. That plus https://wiki.project1999.com/Velketor%27s_Spell_Book pretty nice resist items to swap in on raids etc.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:56 AM
Banned

Will the Words of Darkness overwrite Lich though?

I'm assuming you use it for a spell refresh clicky, right?
Old 10-12-2018, 11:21 AM
Sarnak

Instant click, doesn't overwrite Lich, and yes refreshes spells when you're indoors (and can't use j-boots). So doesn't really do anything, but does reset spell bar.
Closed Thread