Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2019, 12:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiva [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Great idea. I'm going to skill up a bit now and start with the neriak note. Bound there atm.

Thanks all! I think I'll quest instead of purchase.
You probably already have it, but make sure to use your Dark Elf mask.
Old 04-17-2019, 01:41 PM
Kobold

Coercer and Advisor are the two dark elves in Kith that drop the robe.

I think the last rogue epic I did start to finish, including getting the book from hate, took a little over two hours.

Keeping Ice of Velious off the streets of Norrath
Old 04-17-2019, 01:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the last rogue epic I did start to finish, including getting the book from hate, took a little over two hours.
You got extremely lucky then.

Took me a week of camping the dwarf to pickpocket.

8 hours to wait for Erudite NPC to spawn.

And getting Yendar took me like a month.

I guess it's super easy now that people aren't farming it anymore.
Old 04-17-2019, 01:46 PM
Kobold

I was probably one of the people keeping it down. Sorry not sorry. Rogue epic is cake.

Keeping Ice of Velious off the streets of Norrath
Old 04-17-2019, 02:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was probably one of the people keeping it down. Sorry not sorry. Rogue epic is cake.
I got mine, so I don't mind. But at the time I was a tiny bit bitter.
Old 04-18-2019, 12:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Booksnotup.com
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-18-2019, 08:55 AM
Sarnak

I got my pages relatively easy yesterday. I did not understand that if after the first couple pick pockets you don't get the page, the npc doesn't have it. You've got to wait for it to despawn and respawn. Wasted some time there. Heads-up anyone unfamiliar and about to begin rogue epic. I was 170 pickpocket skill, but you can do it with 1 skill. It may take many more attempts, however. Pickpocket is easy to skill up, it just may take a couple hours.

Not looking forward to the PoHate book step. Maybe I'll get lucky. It seems as though you can't camp it unless you never log off as once you drop sneak, you're dead.
Old 04-18-2019, 09:03 AM
Sarnak

Question... Why does the wiki guide firmly warn not to attempt to grab the book and WC cap out? It warns of certain death, but doesn't explain how. WC cap is instant cast... How could you possibly die in less than an instant?

I do understand you need to go up with a raid (possibly just a great group) to have a chance to get to the book. Why shouldn't I grab the book and insta gate out?
Old 04-18-2019, 09:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiva [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Question... Why does the wiki guide firmly warn not to attempt to grab the book and WC cap out? It warns of certain death, but doesn't explain how. WC cap is instant cast... How could you possibly die in less than an instant?

I do understand you need to go up with a raid (possibly just a great group) to have a chance to get to the book. Why shouldn't I grab the book and insta gate out?
That's how I'd do it now, tbh. When I originally did mine I didn't have the extra cash to pay for a cap though.
Old 04-18-2019, 09:35 AM
Sarnak

Thanks... Yea the wiki didn't bother to explain why not to. I've wracked my brain and couldn't determine why it wouldn't work just fine to cap out.
Closed Thread