Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stick to warrior, rogue, monk, enchanter, cleric, and shaman if you don't want to feel inferior to other classes.

The others can shine in certain situations, but the ones I listed shine in every scenario.
Warriors, Clerics, and Rogues most certainly don't shine when they're trying to solo. Monks and Shamans don't fare too well without expensive spells and/or equipment. Enchanters have a boring and rather modest raid role. Even the strong classes in this game have their weaknesses.

Danth
Old 04-23-2019, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

What? Buy a monk a wu's quivering staff for 40pp and you are set for level 40!
Old 04-23-2019, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

If wizards had a fairly fast casting nuke (being a blue to cast and then sit again to hit Med ticks) that was hugely efficient mana wise but for relatively light damage ...

... that would have helped them out immensely. Such a nuke would be less than ideal for a hard burn but would have allowed them to sustain solid damage over time.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 04-23-2019, 05:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If wizards had a fairly fast casting nuke (being a blue to cast and then sit again to hit Med ticks) that was hugely efficient mana wise but for relatively light damage ...

... that would have helped them out immensely. Such a nuke would be less than ideal for a hard burn but would have allowed them to sustain solid damage over time.
Wizards getting the C line alone would have made them extremely desired in groups. For velious raid content - bane rains and group rains that are more efficient and reliable would have been a nice sustained dps increase.
Old 04-23-2019, 06:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My 59 mage pet will bounce around in 70-80 dps range
Err... really?
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 04-23-2019 at 06:44 PM..
Old 04-24-2019, 12:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Err... really?
Yes really. It’s pretty stupid too when you think about it. The pet puts out more damage than most actual player melee classes can manage aside from well geared 55+ rogues or exceptionally geared monks with stacked buffs. The lower 50s pets (ie max summon 54 water) properly tended with haste and buffs floats in the 55-65 dps range.

If you haven’t bothered to actually parse a max summon 57- 59 mage pet (earth and air) with summon haste mask, mage spell haste buff and any available strength buffs the group has to offer ... they’re depressingly powerful. 60 water pet properly positioned is an absolute beast. Epic mage pet approaches Demi-god status.

I run a real time parser in most all groups. My epic monk was 58 before I created my mage (now 59 alongside my 59 monk). The catalyst for deciding to roll my mage was parsing a max summon 57 earth pet (quads 70 fast and hard) in KC when my monk was 55. The earth pet consistently trounced my epic monk’s dps. What I couldn’t parse was the additional DS and nukes. I was impressed. In seb groups with c2 I can generally hoverbutt in the 90-110 combined pet/nuke dps range unless we’re chain pulling with no down time at all. Add more for the DS which is harder to clearly quantify. The lion’s share of that damage comes from the pet.

Mage dps potential is one of this server’s best kept secrets. They’re powerhouses.

Anywho if you’d like some parses I can dig some out tomorrow if I get home from work at a reasonable hour.

Last edited by Troxx; 04-24-2019 at 12:37 AM..
Old 04-24-2019, 12:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Mage dps potential is one of this server’s best kept secrets. They’re powerhouses.

Anywho if you’d like some parses I can dig some out tomorrow if I get home from work at a reasonable hour.
I'd be interested to see them if it isn't too much trouble for you.
Old 04-24-2019, 06:32 AM
Sarnak

Reading about wiz woes makes me recall the story about how they were much stronger in beta but the developers saw that a 6 man group of wizards could take down raid bosses so they got nerfed before release which is the reason for their state in early live and P99.
Last edited by sacman08; 04-24-2019 at 06:33 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 04-24-2019, 07:40 AM
Planar Protector

I heard the wave spells used to be really powerful and without limits to how many mobs they would hit per wave but they got reigned in.
Old 04-24-2019, 07:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd be interested to see them if it isn't too much trouble for you.
Not too much trouble at all. I keep her parked in seb and only play her when there’s a group to be had so should just be a matter of going back to collect data from the last 20-50 fights.

When I’m on my shaman I’m the weird guy that stacks maniacal strength and focus on all the group’s/raid’s pets. It doesn’t make their max hit go up higher than the spell and level of pet dictates but it wildly deflects their average hit consistently to max or near max and they quad fast with mask + spell buff haste. Works exceptionally well for enchanter charm pets also but increases the risk for the charming ench considerably.

Last edited by Troxx; 04-24-2019 at 08:03 AM..
Closed Thread