Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 10-23-2009, 06:13 PM
Large Bat

Default Kobolds in Toxx, Faction problem

Kobolds in Toxxulia Forest aren't giving Heretic or High Guard faction for Erudin guards.

This is troublesome for a Troll CZ worshipper wanting into Paineel, but having no way of factioning. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thank you,

Grouch deTroll

*EDIT* Sry chose the wrong problem, its an NPC prob not a game mechanic
Last edited by Grouch; 10-23-2009 at 06:33 PM..
Old 10-26-2009, 12:23 AM
Large Bat

Hey I saw this weekend the server went down and faction on certain NPCs were fixed.

I was curious to know if these kobolds were among the NPCs that got fixed so they give Heretic and Erudin faction. Ill run back to toxx tommorow to try them out if I don't get a response by then.

Thank you,
Grouch deTroll
Old 10-28-2009, 11:13 AM
Project Manager

Can someone provide specifics on what this change should be? Will gladly do it with specifics.

+ this faction
+ this faction
- this faction

etc.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:23 AM
Fire Giant

From Illia's.

Killing a kobold shoud give the following faction.

-Clan Kolbok
+Heretics
+High Guard of Erudin

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=6392
Old 10-28-2009, 11:30 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Not sure when this went in, but I'll just note that killing the kobolds in Toxxulia now lowers ClanKobolk and raises HighGuardofErudin and Heretics factions.
Post from 2001 on Allakhazam Toxxulia Forest Page

+ HighGuardofErudin
+ Heretics
- ClanKobolk
Old 10-28-2009, 11:42 AM
Project Manager

Yeah, thats the issue.. I couldn't find posts related to the kobolds giving faction prior to the introduction of the warrens.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:55 AM
Fire Giant

Good point. Looking at Illia's in 2000, there was no Clan Kolbok (so it is unlikely there was a faction adjustment). Looks like non-Eurd CT followers are going to have to wait until the warrens or kill Eurd city guards to start grinding faction.
Old 10-31-2009, 03:45 AM
Large Bat

Hey guys,

Been busy with school and desperately seeking time to play EQ between then. Someone pointed me back here that there had been responses, and I thank you for your replies and research.

I have some questions though, and logically whats going on in Odus and Allakhazam in 2000 doesn't make sense. In fact for many posts dating 1999 can be difficult to find.

*If I have typos Ill be reviewing this to edit it, and fix any eye sores*

[Short Reader]

Erudites only ones who dont get a NPC race to raise faction with? Why do their quests bother giving faction than if faction is inherited at character creation for Erudites. Why are there other NPCs in the game presently that do award Heretics but are pock marked throughout Norrath not intended as camps for Heretic faction.

Though there are lacking posts for kobolds giving faction, there are just as many lacking about any comments about them not giving faction. Why? Because people wanted to leave odus and didn't bother inquiring about it until Warrens. I believe therefore, we have an incomplete knoweledge base of Odus.

[Long Reader] \/

1. Why then, would only the Erudites be without a killable race of NPCs to raise faction with themselves?

I can understand the Erudites being outcasts, but that isn't reason enough to not give them an NPC race to faction up on.

2. Why does Allakhazam have relatively little to no faction posts about the kobolds before Warrens/The Hole being implemented?

If we read the posts along Toxx's main page people want to leave and get out of there to go to blackburrow, people probably didn't question the fact that kobolds gave faction.

On other faction web pages like Crushbone of course people have hundreds of posts asking about faction because that is the mecca for lvl 5-15.

3. Why would Erudites have quests that reward faction if they didn't need faction to begin with? See what I am pointing at? If faction isn't important to Erudites, why reward it in quests. This may seem silly to ask, but it is worth asking. If a erudite stayed on Odus, he could only risk losing faction and never gaining it back. This seems contradictive compared to other races who can burn their own faction than recover it by killing mobs (gnolls, orcs, goblins).

If this is truly an inherent flaw that Verant had, than shouldn't it suffice to provide a fix?

Quote:
Not sure when this went in, but I'll just note that killing the kobolds in Toxxulia now lowers ClanKobolk and raises HighGuardofErudin and Heretics factions.
Additionally, on the kobold allakhazam web pages from Toxx, no one makes inquiries about the kobolds giving or not giving both erudite factions.

The only inquiries and notes made about faction start when the Warrens and Hole are introduced and the Toxx kobolds are now linked to the kobolds in the new zones.
----------

Ok I am almost out of points I want to make,

-Killing guards is an option, but in the state of the game right now, its almost an exploit to kill them, I wont even go further into this. To put it plainly without need for broad interpretation, I do not believe Verant ever intended for Guard Farming, either for cash, exp, or faction.

-On the quest items that come out of Paineel, why EVER bother putting other races as useable when other CZ worshippers don't have the option to raise faction to begin with (im KoS with heretics as a troll CZ shaman)? This is concerning with the two necklace quests CZ worshippers use to level up with. Do other deitys offer the same impossibilities for their items?

-While I've trusted Allakhazam in the past, I do not believe it will help us much here. Currently for Heretic faction I am camping Tal Godin.

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/se...96773385819689

That is a link to her Illia page with the only post inquiring about her for faction farming with a time stamp post-warrens I think.

So as a parting note for now I am hoping I am not exploiting her either. It just seems like we are getting mixed signals of "do we get heretic faction, or do we not" until warrens.

Grouch deTroll
Shaman of the 46th Tal Godin camp
Last edited by Grouch; 10-31-2009 at 03:55 PM..
Old 10-31-2009, 02:55 PM
Large Bat

Also wanted to point out some mobs in Toxx aren't giving faction like Ilanic's skeleton.

Quote:
Anyone know why this skeleton is named? Why does he give faction? I know he does not drop anything but bone chips (unless its rare). Maybe he is a placeholder for something else.
Part of Ilnac's scroll quest

However ingame Ilniac's skeleton does not give +faction hits for erudin and +heretic. Ilniac's scroll quest is original and even ingame its not properly implemented.
Old 01-14-2017, 02:19 PM
Planar Protector

Bump for Warrens era. Close?

Amax MNK / Amalgamax ROG / maximum
Begging (227)

EQ Map Archive (1,000+ images)
P99 WikiEQ Patch Chronology