Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2019, 02:43 AM
Planar Protector

Back in the day I always had a blast with the gatorsmash, though I'm not sure that quest is in yet. It's fun to smack mobs between meditation ticks for 70+ damage.
Old 12-03-2019, 05:51 PM
Planar Protector

Ive been telling myself that it's about time (level 40) to abandon my 2hb ways and find one of the sham-only Spears and a charred guardian shield.

But the idea of a 30/70 2hb ... Oh man. That'd be fun.
Old 12-03-2019, 06:53 PM
Planar Protector

If anyone wants to preserve this thread's ideas for posterity, I think the suggestions in it would make a great addition to http://wiki.project1999.com/Equipping_a_Shaman (a very Green addition; right now that page was mostly written by me and so is very Blue-centric).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-03-2019, 07:06 PM
Planar Protector

I'd gatorsmash and joust. If slowed and letting your pet take the attack rounds it's solid extra dmg with 0 risk.
Old 12-07-2019, 02:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ive been telling myself that it's about time (level 40) to abandon my 2hb ways and find one of the sham-only Spears and a charred guardian shield.

But the idea of a 30/70 2hb ... Oh man. That'd be fun.
aren't you the short sighted numpty who said "shamans stop meleeing in the 20s"? and then you went back and edited your post?
glad to see that your patronizing attitude still has no shame

"... I don't think I remember him digging for this long..."

The A-Team

twitch.tv/crexxus
Last edited by Waedawen; 12-07-2019 at 02:18 PM..
Old 12-07-2019, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

Wtf are you smoking Petros?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your melee does generally become less important, but it's never a nonfactor and it is still pretty important until at least 24. I like slow weapons so it's easy to cast a spell inbetween melee swings without losing any swing timer. I'm not sure if that's actually classic or not, but on green casting a spell doesn't reset your melee swing timer, so you can take a swing, cast a 3+ second spell, and almost immediately after take another swing, repeat.

So I'm using 2hb. I bought a two handed hammer off a merchant for like 26pp around level 8-10 iirc. You can sell it back to a merchant for 23pp so it barely costs you anything to give you some nicer damage than rusty or bronze until you can buy/quest something like bloodforge hammer. If you don't like how slow the two handed hammer is, you can still squeeze spells in between a merchant-bought great staff's swings.

I think a bloodforge hammer will last you until 30+.

Later I think your weapon choice will depend on your activity. If you're grouping a lot, or prefer to root+rot, then you'll probably want like a charred guardian shield or paw of opalla or PKT and something like sharkbone warhammer, barbarian hunting spear, darksea harpoon, etc. Some of those weapons will be in high demand by clerics, druids, and rogues too though. There are some sham-only weapons that aren't quite as nice but that are magical and give wisdom that you can go get on your own or in a duo/group by 30. If you like to smack stuff more, then maybe mortificator staff or gator smash maul I guess (until planes start coming out).
Old 12-07-2019, 03:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waedawen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and then you went back and edited your post

"... I don't think I remember him digging for this long..."

The A-Team

twitch.tv/crexxus
Old 12-14-2019, 06:05 PM
Kobold

When I started off on live my shaman's weapon path went like;
  • newbie club
  • rusty spear (skeleton)
  • fine steel morning star (rotting on an ice giant)
  • Cold Iron Morning Star (Goblin Preacher, Permafrost)
  • Bloodforged Hammer Quest
  • Enameled Black Mace (Ghoul Savant, Lower Guk)
Old 12-16-2019, 04:01 PM
Kobold

I just started a shaman and really was looking over weapon i should buy him with limited cash. My best bet was Fine Steel Great Staff This weapons dps is .25 which you can get from a ton of sources buy at ec for like 15p ish. Because of the damage cap i wouldn't get a high dmg weapon. I was doing 18dmg to mobs and just recking it. That and Banded armor is a sick start. I would wait until later lvls like 24+ to get wisdom and mana items.