Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 08:15 PM
Planar Protector

Guess I am not logging on tonight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-23-2014, 08:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
XP bonus was accidentally turned back on. Was rectified after mistake was realized.

I am hoping to get you guys an official update on changes, and possibly even be able to disclose details, very soon. We'll see what happens this week.

I am sorry you guys felt trolled, was not intended to happen.
Would love to have patch bugs get fixed this fast.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:33 PM
Planar Protector

Who ordered the EXP to be renerfed?

Rogean isn't involved in the server, he said so himself, so who did it?
Old 03-23-2014, 08:35 PM
Orc

Biggest disappointment for me is the staff had the opportunity to make right the mistake of taking out xp without some sort of stop gap until group bonus can be implemented. They had to actively contact a developer to revert to nerfed xp. This could have easily been "Yes xp has been added back in until group bonus theory is tested and implemented, long live red"

But it was more like - fuck xp is definitely boosted, call up Haynar on the batphone and nerf that shit down I want to crush these nerds souls back down into the gutter where they belong.

my reaction https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...XuazYI_YU#t=99
Old 03-23-2014, 08:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People like you wont quit. I wouldnt quit myself, i dont mind classic xp, thats not the problem to me.

The problem is, as it has been explained alot, some people cant invest that kind of time, see no progress on their toons and quit. Some people log in to dead zones, get bored, quit. This is all interconnected and makes the population spiral down until its emptied out of every player cept players like Chewie.

To repeat, im not quitting because im not leveling fast enough. If we could attract 300-400 with classic xp i wouldnt give a fuck, its not about the speed, its about empty zones, no pvp on the journey, no groups. Thats where i draw the line and consider EQ to be work instead of fun. Im sure even people who think they dont have time with this grind wouldnt care, because when youre having fun, its not about making that xp bar move, which it when the low level scene is dead and all you wanna do is catch up to the higher brackets
This is the best way it's ever been stated. And shit - red zones are empty. While on blue theres permanently 20 + players in nektulous.

Whats the point of leveling on a dead box if the journey sux? There is no point to levels then.

Ironically blue has classic EXP. Red is a long ways from having a self-sustaining population.
Last edited by Azure; 03-23-2014 at 08:38 PM..
Old 03-23-2014, 08:37 PM
Banned

Rogean doesnt have time to write up a post thats gonna take him like 5mins to tell us where server is going, but he does have time to go fiddle with the code to make sure pop stays low. If not Rogean, then somebody made time for it.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 03-23-2014 at 08:39 PM..
Old 03-23-2014, 08:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But it was more like - fuck xp is definitely boosted, call up Haynar on the batphone and nerf that shit down I want to crush these nerds souls back down into the gutter where they belong.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:49 PM
Planar Protector

It's fucking embarrassing to log into Upper Guk and be the only one in the zone for a more than a hour.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fame [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pras classic pras staff
Old 03-23-2014, 09:20 PM
Fire Giant

I feel like someone, be it Rogean or one of the GM's, is still in college and this is one giant fucked up social experiment.
Closed Thread