Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2021, 12:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slonekb05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What’s your guys thoughts on Lodi vs hiero cloak in general? Is there specific camps you would rather use Lodi on? I would assume hiero is better in most cases but I may be wrong
Resists tend to save me more than a bit of extra HP, so I would prefer Lodi any day of the week if you had to pick one. If you can afford both, then use Heiro for melee mobs or unresistable casters, and Lodi for resistable casters.

EDIT: The reason for this is in MOST cases, melee average DPS is predictable, so it isn't too difficult to figure out the DPS pattern and keep your HP up with Torpor. Max HP is only really useful if you screw up on a pull or if you get really unlucky with slow. Once the mob is slowed and you are Torporing, you will not use a large portion of your max HP pool. Spells are cast at random, and can be very spikey in terms of how much HP you lose in a short period of time. So that means you are more likely to get into an unexpected situation, which will cause death or require gating. Shamans have very little in the way of spell interrupt, so you are often just tanking spells and hoping they resist.

Obviously if your Max HP pool is too low, you will run into problems. I would advise having somewhere between 2k-2.5k HP. I have 2.6k HP Buffed and I do just fine. But if you have the money to worry about Heiro vs. Lodi, you shouldn't be anywhere near your naked HP pool[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 11-17-2021 at 12:26 AM..
Old 11-17-2021, 12:24 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Resists tend to save me more than a bit of extra HP, so I would prefer Lodi any day of the week if you had to pick one. If you can afford both, then use Heiro for melee mobs or unresistable casters, and Lodi for resistable casters.

EDIT: The reason for this is in MOST cases, melee average DPS is predictable, so it isn't too difficult to figure out the DPS pattern and keep your HP up with Torpor. Max HP is only really useful if you screw up on a pull or if you get really unlucky with slow. Once the mob is slowed and you are Torporing, you will not use a large portion of your max HP pool. Spells are cast at random, and can be very spikey in terms of how much HP you lose in a short period of time. So that means you are more likely to get into an unexpected situation, which will cause death or required gating. Shamans have very little in the way of spell interrupt, so you are often just tanking spells and hoping they resist.
I like that line of thinking, I was going to give seb a go soon.
Old 11-17-2021, 12:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slonekb05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like that line of thinking, I was going to give seb a go soon.
Yeah you definitely need decent resists for Seb. Lots of casting froggies. If I remember correctly you should be able to resist most spells there once you are around 180 for each resist. It has been a while since I have been under 200 FR/CR/MR self buffed, so I am a little fuzzy on the low end number. At 215 FR,CR, and MR spells rarely land on me in Seb.
Old 11-17-2021, 02:09 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah you definitely need decent resists for Seb. Lots of casting froggies. If I remember correctly you should be able to resist most spells there once you are around 180 for each resist. It has been a while since I have been under 200 FR/CR/MR self buffed, so I am a little fuzzy on the low end number. At 215 FR,CR, and MR spells rarely land on me in Seb.
Okay cool, I got a pretty good deal on Lodi, but I already have a hiero... so was debating keeping it or reselling because I’m saving for vindi
Old 11-17-2021, 07:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Okay cool, I got a pretty good deal on Lodi, but I already have a hiero... so was debating keeping it or reselling because I’m saving for vindi
Personally I would just sell it, unless you are really in to swapping gear on a per encounter basis. I myself am somewhat lazy, so I try to reduce gear swapping as much as possible hehe.
Old 11-18-2021, 12:09 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Personally I would just sell it, unless you are really in to swapping gear on a per encounter basis. I myself am somewhat lazy, so I try to reduce gear swapping as much as possible hehe.
Hmmm your prob right, it’s definitely a luxury piece for me. I have sometime to mess with it until I get closer to vindi price.
Old 11-18-2021, 12:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Hmmm your prob right, it’s definitely a luxury piece for me. I have sometime to mess with it until I get closer to vindi price.
Agreed, might as well keep it until you need to sell it. Heiro Cloak prices have been pretty steady for a while, so I don't expect them to suddenly drop in value any time soon.