Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2021, 07:25 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Newbie just started trying solo cleric

Hello everyone. I just started playing everquest p99 and I don't have much experience with everquest at all so this is new to me. I'm starting off as a cleric but this is such a big difference from live retail, if anyone could give me some tips on what i should be doing or anything at all that would be great, helpful, and much appriciated.
Old 12-02-2021, 11:59 AM
Sarnak

My advice is to check out some p1999 videos on YouTube. Found this one pretty quick and it has some details of setting up your UI https://youtu.be/-OWNSczauVE

Also check out the wiki, https://wiki.project1999.com/Main_Page. It has very useful information including maps, beginner guides for each starting town, etc.

Alt+O will bring up your options menu. Check out your key binds and consider reworking them (definitely move “attack” from the A key, lest you smack you guild master and get vaporized. Yes I did this on my first char.).

Lastly take it slow and have fun. Chat with people, tell them your new, and get out there an explore!
Old 12-02-2021, 12:03 PM
Banned

Fear + Nuke

works on anything, better on undead, dont be afraid to split like two spawns with lull and instill/enstill and camp mobs if you need to

there's some really good camps that require a bit of skill though, one of my favorites is the skeles in rathe mountains, there's several camps tehre i dont remember the details, the problem is is they are social and dont drop the greatest loot, sometimes if a green is on a spawn cycle if have to split, i leave the green up, and use it to stop my mob from running or just med longer and kill 1 mob instead of both, because a red con can pop in there

unrest is the best, and lower guk, get another cleric buddy and things go a bit easier/faster - hags have to die faster than you do

befallen is pretty neat too with ivu u can void the zombie that is redcon and kills everyone roaming around or the icebone he sometimes is, hopefully no one killed his rat ph recently

vendors in each major town sell pumice stones and invisibility pots (cloudy positions) these are awesome and i always have two up if i can on my hotbar if i'm traveling so i can click them if it starts dropping randomly

a cheaty way to lose agro is root a mob, cast lull/paci on it and then atone it a few times usually it wont re agro once root drops and u can move along that way carefully if u have the mana or something to help click atone/lull (quellious erudite has lull clicks :P) -- works for everyone so ur group may think you are a hero if u can do that to an add that u pulled off the enchanter with stun (not exactly solo advice i know)

below lvl 20 investing in a decent melee weapon is nice, after lvl 20 its really just nuketown unless you are heavily twinked/geared/a strong race like a dwarf
Last edited by starkind; 12-02-2021 at 12:08 PM..
Old 12-02-2021, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

Pick another class. Clerics are one of the worst at soloing. As for tips, early on, The Ferrott has a nice undead camp around level 8-11 in the northwest corner. See if you can get to 12 there and report back.
Old 12-02-2021, 12:38 PM
Fire Giant

Hey Denim, welcome to P99!

What server are you playing on (Blue/Green/Red)?

Clerics in this era are a great grouping/duo class. They are slower but capable of solo. From what I understand, grouping is pretty strong on Green still, so your best bet may be to play on green, get groups when you can and solo when you can't. If you are dead set on solo, or not, take a look at Swish's Solo guide at the bottom link. The New Player guide is just general information that is relevant to the P99 servers.

P99 New Player Guide
https://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Newbie

Swish's Solo Guide
https://wiki.project1999.com/Swish%2...ric_SOLO_guide
Old 12-02-2021, 01:03 PM
Fire Giant

Hit me up on Kaneh if you need banded armor.
Old 12-02-2021, 01:13 PM
Banned

swish is mentally deranged

i would stay away from that guide
Old 12-02-2021, 01:16 PM
Banned

swishes guide is just about perfeckt done it myself b4 and after he wrote it imo
Old 12-02-2021, 01:39 PM
Planar Protector

Hello!

What level are you currently?

Below 20, there are a few quests that will help you gain experience and really help your wallet with plat. Spells get expensive very quickly in classic EQ.

Gnoll Fangs This is around Qeynos. Be sure to do the turn in in Qeynos and then turn in the Moonstones you get to balance your faction or the corrupt guards in Qeynos will attack you.

Rabid Grizzlies - There are two spawns for these in Qeynos Hills that can be either a Grizzly or a brown bear on a 7ish minute timer. Each skin turned in gets you about 4p. Be sure to turn in one at a time.

Rabid Wolves - There are a few spawns for this and the place holder can be a gray or grey wolf and brown bears. Each turn in gets a small amount of coin and experience. If you are doing grizzlies these aren't worth it because the skins are heavy. Wiki isn't necessarily correct for the spawns.

Putrid Skeletons - There are two spawns for these in Qeynos Hills and they have no place holder but the rib bone is about a 30% drop rate.

Lightstones - You will need a magic weapon to melee these or you can nuke them. I usually just sell the Lightstones and save the Greater Lightstones. Each turn in gets you experience and a container that can be sold for about 10p. You can kill the 4ish spawns around Qeynos Hills while you run around looking for Gnoll Fangs and Rabid grizzlies and wolves. If you want to get crazy with it you can go to Erud's crossing (take the boat from Qeynos to Erudin, I like to bind at the dock in Qeynos) which has about 11 spawns of Willowisps you can fight and there is a merchant to sell to. On an alt recently I grabbed about 30 GLS here while gaining 2 levels then I ran to the gypsy in NK and turned them in for another 1.5 levels and about 300p.

Bandit Sashes - I usually skip this one because it greens out in the early teens and you need harmony or calm because the bandits are really close together. It is a great exp and money earner though. Each turn in gets you a bronze weapon you can sell and the bandits drop bronze weapons as well.

If you grind all these out you can hit 18-20 with a lot of plat in your pocket.
Old 12-02-2021, 04:06 PM
Planar Protector

A cleric soloing is a lot like a wizard soloing except you have more HP.

The trouble is just sitting and getting mana back. It takes some time.

The bonus if that you have calm so you can break up spawns pretty well.

You should only kill undead because your most efficient nukes are for undead creatures.

You can fear kite in open places (specters in feerot) but pathing kinda sucks. I think what happened for me is that the spawns were slow enough in feerrot for the higher level specs that I ended up just blowing them away and then medding up while waiting for them to respawn.

Cleric solo is totally doable. Better than warrior or rogue solo, worse than monk.

But you're better off with a group whenever you can.

You can do unrest to like level 40 so I'd hang there and group whenever possible and solo inbetween times.

After that, you probably have to pick between a solo area or a group area. I didn't solo much in lguk till 50's it can get dicey with some mobs having more HP than you have nuke power so you will need to camp out aggro sometimes to stay alive.

I soloed outside the frenzy and brigandine tunic room, then solod the rooms themselves. FRenzy not for exp but because of the FBSS. the brigandine tunic area better for exp because less dangerous.

Keeping the hallway outside of frenzy room clear is hard but thats where u wanna single pull a frenzy ghoul for slaying him.

So like swishs guide

Basically: 1-15 who cares
15-40 unrest
40-green out, specters
50+ lguk, arch magus can take you to level 60 very slowly.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 12-02-2021 at 04:09 PM..
Closed Thread