Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 12:20 PM
Large Bat

Default Player quality

Howdy all I have just started on the server on Jan 26th after the they pulled the plug on Vanguard I would bet everything I own they are doing the same gutting and neutering to EQ in say July when they as Smeed put it "get people out of their old inferior mmo's into mmo's of the future.

One thing I have noticed is the level of incompetence and just plain jackassery I have encounters on p99 in less than a month is more than I have encountered in 14 years playing EQ on live. I love the server, I love the content, hell I set up a recurring donation with in a week of starting on the server.

I have ran into the most worthless people in groups and find the only real way to exp is solo, even as a warrior. Every time I join a group I lose exp and this is no shit. I have made it to 42 entirely solo as every time I join a group I leave with less exp than when I started. I have tried everything from duo to a full group. Basically pulling the exact same mobs I solo at a higher rate with a healer I end up dead in a matter of minuets.

I know I am not the best geared player in the game but I have had enough consideration for other players to make sure that I am not gimp. I put in quite a few hours farming pp drops and items that sell my net worth is only 8k but I used the wiki and ehungry to make sure I got the most bang for my pp buck. I bought weapons on the cheap with good ratios considering damage bonus and price. I bought armor in the same way. I have an in depth understanding of EQ with 14 years under my belt and I have played every class to post 60 and many to current max on on raid content.

Every 5 levels or so I make a poor choice and take a group invite thinking maybe at this point in the game the morons have all re-rolled or rage quit but this is never the case. Is there a point in the game where people are level locked by their retardation?

I have been kind and tried to help people (very unlike me.) But every time I give a suggestion to somebody or ask them to try a different spell rotation or method they act like I invited Hitler to their Bar Mitzvah.

Here are a few of the "gems" I have ran into on P99 in the past 20 days:

[37 Warrior] Fylgum (Troll) - Full banded armor with dervish cut throat rings opalline earrings sword of skyfire and Kunzar Ku'juch - net worth < 400p
[35 Enchanter] Deuterium (Fire Elemental) <Knights Who Say Ni> - uses /assist tank ... for charm mobs, charms before he casts mez, chain casts anarchy, types in all caps demanding you give him every page that drops gets pissed if you loot them off corpses instead of telling him they dropped so he could loot
[46 Shaman] Kronyon (Barbarian) <Illuminati> - Doesn't heal because after buffs he doesn't have enough mana, will not cani because it hurts his hp he prefers to med, spends his combat time melee and nuking.
[37 ish Bard] Tiraj (half elf) - 1 song bards are bad enough but during combat 0 song bard, perhaps only singing his personal haste song while playing fisty cuffs with a lute on so he doesn't have to change weapons while sing hymn of restoration out of combat.
[20 Magician] Melkar (Human) <Kittens Who Say Meow> - during a 8 hours grind session cast less than 300 spells. Unfortunately I didn't have group lead and just wanted to get get out of the area I was in. At least once I gave him a social macro to use his pet attacked every mob......
Old 02-17-2014, 12:21 PM
Planar Protector

*morans
Old 02-17-2014, 12:26 PM
Large Bat

Since I cannot edit:
Making it to 42 as a server first character warrior entirely solo is no small feat.

I have also ran into necros who don't dot, just spam lifetap, mages who use fire pet in groups, enchanters who think fearing mobs inside of CMM is good cc, and many other fine examples of player quality.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:29 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claytonhowell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Making it to 42 as a server first character warrior entirely solo is no small feat.
Pras you win EQ
Old 02-17-2014, 12:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claytonhowell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Since I cannot edit:

I have also ran into necros who don't dot, just spam lifetap, mages who use fire pet in groups, enchanters who think fearing mobs inside of CMM is good cc, and many other fine examples of player quality.
Level to 60 bro so the people who actually matter can find out you are a shitty tank and deny your application to raid and you end up in BDA.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

In fairness mobs in groups can die faster than DoT are able to take full effect making lifetaps more efficient. And fire pet in group is kind of meh. Earth pet usually sucks since root will make melee get hit if the tank doesn't understand rooted mob mechanics (which I swear 80% of this server doesn't), air stun sucks in duration at low levels, and water DPS is a rather negligible difference until they can backstab. The only time using fire is stupid is when they won't dual wield (24-29 range I thnk). Since earth pets will and fire won't. Though when you get two mobs and you have fire OT one, that is pretty clutch when it basically solos a mob for you and uses none of the healers mana.

Fearing in a dungeon is just retarded.

But go on, tell us about how skillful you are as a warrior. Does that auto attack take a lot of thought? And please Jesus tell me atleast you understand how taunt works (if you're spamming it the irony would be delicious). So what... You autoattack with your researched- good-ratio-having-weapons, you may kick occasionally or if you're a fancy large race you may use slam to interupt a spell, and in the event you lose aggro you click taunt a few times until you have it back or more likely the mob died.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Level to 60 bro so the people who actually matter can find out you are a shitty tank and deny your application to raid and you end up in BDA.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-17-2014, 12:47 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But go on, tell us about how skillful you are as a warrior. Does that auto attack take a lot of thought? And please Jesus tell me atleast you understand how taunt works (if you're spamming it the irony would be delicious). So what... You autoattack with your researched- good-ratio-having-weapons, you may kick occasionally or if you're a fancy large race you may use slam to interupt a spell, and in the event you lose aggro you click taunt a few times until you have it back or more likely the mob died.
Hey at least I rolled a useful class and not a porter.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Since I cannot edit:

Necro dots may not be efficient if you are killing things at a decent rate, he may in fact be getting better damage just spamming lifetap then just getting 2 ticks of a dot on a mob before it goes down.

And fire pet? Who fucking cares?

You sound like you need to reroll a solo class so you can min/max in a corner all alone somewhere and nobody will upset you.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by QeynosDrunkard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pras you win EQ
The majority of people in the forums do not want to see "pras" all the time.

Deru, I demand you remove the forums just like you are removing red global OOC.
Closed Thread