Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2018, 12:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxplay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The struggle is real... epic and fungi at 53 and still have to jump thru hoops it seems

Bravo thou, talk about patience and persistence with the root / helm work
I thought he's doing this without epic and fungi? I figured that was a soul fire.
Old 08-26-2018, 12:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderdale [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought he's doing this without epic and fungi? I figured that was a soul fire.
soulfire still has a physical sword blade with flames moving up it

Paladin epic is nothing but fire (no physical blade)
Old 08-26-2018, 12:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxplay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
soulfire still has a physical sword blade with flames moving up it

Paladin epic is nothing but fire (no physical blade)
Ouch that sucks then.

Is sk dps this slow if not taking into account the pet?
Old 08-26-2018, 12:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderdale [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ouch that sucks then.

I don't have a SK so I don't know what to expect given similar gear (epic / fungi) in terms of DPS

But in general SK is a lot stronger solo than Paladin... SK can convert mana to damage with DoT's, and can Fearkite with snare / fear - which provided you have the area to do so is a lot more efficient than tanking and healing. SK will kill a lot faster if they use DoT's but I'm not sure if SK's really use their DoT's every npc while soloing of if they save mana to be only used for snare's / fears
Old 08-26-2018, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

Just so you know, none of the three paladin discs actually function
Old 08-26-2018, 04:51 PM
Aviak

Quote:
I don't have a SK so I don't know what to expect given similar gear (epic / fungi) in terms of DPS

But in general SK is a lot stronger solo than Paladin... SK can convert mana to damage with DoT's, and can Fearkite with snare / fear - which provided you have the area to do so is a lot more efficient than tanking and healing. SK will kill a lot faster if they use DoT's but I'm not sure if SK's really use their DoT's every npc while soloing of if they save mana to be only used for snare's / fears
I played an SK on live. Did a lot of soloing in various outdoor kunark zones to somewhere in the 50's. With the blood ember boots and gloves they can fear kite mana free, leaving all their mana to add faster dmg with dots or as reserve in case shit hits the fan. Long casts on clickies, but free is hard to beat.
Old 08-26-2018, 04:53 PM
Banned

soon (tm)
Old 08-26-2018, 05:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Ouch that sucks then.

SKs solo better in open areas, and do more dps with pet and dots. In close quarter areas where kiting isnt an option then Paladin's solo better. (I.e tight dungeons)

KC wasnt really optimal at this level for Paladin solo; in LGUK I can straight kill (no healing in between) a blue con Zol knight

Quote:
a drolvarg sentry - Level: 40-44 - Damage per hit: 34 - 129

Vrs

a zol knight - Level : 36-40 - Damage per hit: 14 - 72(approx)
I will come back when I am 55+ and see how easier it is in KC. Damage taken and hit rate(damage given) is vastly affected by level range therefore killing optimal mobs helps esp. where face tanking is your main source of dps.

If played right you dont need to med while Paladin soloing for atleast a good 60-90min stints which is another factor that needs to be considered if the player needs to med every 2nd or 3rd mob because they are oom. I can go 60-90 straight in guk without my bum hitting the floor once.
Old 08-26-2018, 05:54 PM
Banned

Quote:

Sk epic is amazing for soloing esp. fear kiting. The hp life tap dot proc is ace.

Once I am done with this Paladin I will make an SK but I doubt I will get an epic due to the nature of the SK epic quest ( how hard it is )
Old 08-26-2018, 06:47 PM
Planar Protector

Fear kiting on a melee is like the worst type of leveling in EQ, I dunno why everyone boasts about it. Hit boxes are so fked up and there's nothing remotely enjoyable about following a mob around feared.

If your plan is to solo as a knight primarily, farm cash for a fungi on another char before creation. Otherwise just form some solid duos/trios.
Closed Thread