Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2018, 01:32 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean, I don't have a dog in the race here, I'm mega casual, but I've kept up on the p99 drama lately. From what I understand is people have contacted you multiple times about many issues regarding Sirken in the past and it just gets ignored, only when it was released in a VERY public way was anything actually handled. Again, I've never actually interracted with the p99 staff besides to get a rotted body back and am strictly going off what I've read in the posts here, but I just don't understand why you would only want things handled via PM, if there is proof of wrongdoing, why would you be so adamant against it's release?
Hey look some dumbass drinking the forum trolls kool-aid.
Old 12-04-2018, 02:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you have an issue with a manager at work, what are your options?

Take it to public discussion, put notes on white boards, call them out on bulletin boards in hallways, or take it privately to HR?

Apply the concept to here.

You do the math on what happens on each of these actions.
I have had only positive interactions with you and I hesitated to write this because this is an emulated Everquest Server and not real life, so any comparison between the two is already somewhat ludicrous. However, I think Corporate America has shown us with the many scandals that have come to light, that often times simply reporting things to your superior is not an effective way to resolve corruption allegations at the highest levels, only when these charges are made public are the Boards forced to take action.

Again, one is elf sim one is real life but seems fair game considering you made the comparison.
Old 12-04-2018, 02:33 AM
Planar Protector

I ran a game on IRC a long time ago that had a decent user base. It was a volunteer enterprise and I was decently passionate about it. Years went on and my interest waned a bit and I got too busy to really devote time to it, especially as it started to feel like a job. I tried to appoint people to run it for me while retaining the power to make the important decisions, but ultimately I realized that the only way to allow it to flourish would be if I gave control up completely to someone who was as passionate as I was originally. It worked.
Old 12-04-2018, 02:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If Sirken is going to be allowed to continue as a staff member of P99, what is going to happen to all of the people that he banned that were breaking the server rules? Asking for a friend.
Fixed it for ya.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 12-04-2018, 02:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This server has gone on for way too long with the current staff. Everyone here is basically pathetic at this point. I've logged on a handful of times in the past few years, and it's the same thing. Everyone hoarding loot on an autistic level. This game is unhealthy in the current state that it's in. There's a reason this game died.

Everyone here is sick. Clinically ill.
Yet, here you are. If you don't enjoy it, stay away. Seems pretty simple to me.
Old 12-04-2018, 03:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I'm sorry, I didn't know having a bookmark in a Games folder on my chrome bookmark bar that I click on once a month meant I was lumped together with people like you. Check my post history.

Or, better yet, go back to Reddit you fucking incel.
Quote:
... fucking incel.
does not compute... Norman coordinate!
Old 12-04-2018, 03:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I'm sorry, I didn't know having a bookmark in a Games folder on my chrome bookmark bar that I click on once a month meant I was lumped together with people like you. Check my post history.
Why keep a bookmark and check it if you hate this place so much? Genuinely curious.

Quote:
Or, better yet, go back to Reddit you fucking incel.
You seem pretty upset, guy.
Old 12-04-2018, 03:17 AM
Fire Giant

So when I stop to think about it for two seconds, the staff here have made it possible for me to indulge in a little nostalgia and enjoy a great game with friends and family. There have been minutes, maybe even just seconds, of crappy stuff as opposed to HOURS of good times with great people on this server.

Dammit if I don't feel grateful. Thanks for all the fun, and let the good times roll.
Old 12-04-2018, 03:46 AM
Fire Giant

I thought elfs were supposed to be jolly
Oralen - 60 Ranger <Core>
Old 12-04-2018, 04:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifield [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought elfs were supposed to be jolly
He's really upset about a Broom of Trilon form 8 years ago. Elves have long lifespans, so it takes decades for their wrath to subside.
Closed Thread