Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2018, 10:18 AM
Sarnak

Default Human cleric diety?

Really want to make a human cleric but there are so many diety options. Any suggestions on which would be good for gearing? I'm kinda leaning toward inny but not real sold.

Or is Human cleric a terrible idea? I'd also be open another race as long as it's not dark elf.
Old 10-24-2018, 10:35 AM
Fire Giant

Halfling, xp bonus just too gud
Old 10-24-2018, 10:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Halfling, xp bonus just too gud
Everyone will ask you for sow though
Old 10-24-2018, 10:41 AM
Kobold

Innoruuk is the best Diety for Human clerics as far as gear goes, since none of the Good dieties they worship have any symbols and the cultural armor is pretty meh.

Humans aren't bad for clerics, but they're probably not the best. Gnomes are the worst, and I think Dwarves are overrated for how popular they are.
Old 10-24-2018, 10:41 AM
Planar Protector

Innorruuk. Thank me when your fear kiting spectres!

As well as the innoruuk necks you can also use a few interesting quested pieces from paineel.

Good if you want more than just race to 60, chain cheals and click epics.
Old 10-24-2018, 11:01 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizlop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Innoruuk is the best Diety for Human clerics as far as gear goes, since none of the Good dieties they worship have any symbols and the cultural armor is pretty meh.

Humans aren't bad for clerics, but they're probably not the best. Gnomes are the worst, and I think Dwarves are overrated for how popular they are.
Min/maxed I think the best answer is High Elf because of the awesome Tunare brace and the ability to wear robes (Vulak/PD)r. If not min-maxxing for those specific items, Dwarf for innate str, MR, and barrel rolls
Old 10-24-2018, 11:20 AM
Sarnak

Human cleric - rodcet nife. Don't listen to the haters humans win fashion quest. High elf - don't ever make one, hates em.
Old 10-24-2018, 11:57 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Min/maxed I think the best answer is High Elf because of the awesome Tunare brace and the ability to wear robes (Vulak/PD)r. If not min-maxxing for those specific items, Dwarf for innate str, MR, and barrel rolls
I'm going to put Quellious Erudites above Dwarves.

Quellious Erudites get a Calm clicky, and have the same MR and Wisdom as Dwarves and I believe they can quest the Paineel items if they grind enough faction. The have better charisma, but worse strength and stamina. They can also wear robes.

Edit: Also note that High Elves get a root clicky, which also firmly cements them as the best imo.
Last edited by Quizlop; 10-24-2018 at 12:04 PM..
Old 10-24-2018, 12:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizlop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm going to put Quellious erudites above dwarves.

Quellious erudites get a Calm clicky, and have the same MR and Wisdom as Dwarves and I believe they can quest the Paineel items if they grind enough faction. The have better charisma, but worse strength and stamina. They can also wear robes.
I use calm all the time on my enc and I do not think I would ever use a clickie calm, so a non-issue for me. Brell clickie is booze though.

But seriously, the STR bonus is huge QOL from 1 to endgame, and the ability to wear those 2 robes impacts almost no one. They are marginally better than the SS BP. If you are getting the PD/Vulak robe you are almost certainly wis capped so the robes are stat pieces, and there is easier FT1 available than vulak robe.

Always remember..: Velious was beaten in Kunark gear. No drops matter anymore. 😂
Old 10-24-2018, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

Because clerics have so many starting options (race * deity combinations per race), I updated the Cleric wiki page not too long ago to summarize all of the benefits of every race, as objectively as possible.

It even includes links to all the religion-specific items for most religions. You will probably find it to be more comprehensive than the posts here, although if anyone sees anything mentioned here that's not in the wiki, feel free to edit the wiki and add it!

Personally I'd say that humans are just about the worst race for any class, but Innoruuk-worshipping human clerics do have the unique advantage among race/religion combinations of getting the Innoruuk symbol (snare clicky) and being able to get a few nice items from Paineel that require a huge amount of faction work for other race/religion combinations (eg. http://wiki.project1999.com/Dread_Forged_Shield).

Other strong options include Dwarves (for best overall stats), High Elves (best Wisdom and root clicky item) and Halflings (Sneak and Hide are handy since Clerics don't get invis, and they level 5% faster).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 10-24-2018 at 12:30 PM..
Closed Thread