Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 09:12 AM
Skeleton

Default Druid Leveling Path

Can anyone recommend some ideas for leveling paths for my druid? He's 22. I took all I could of Unrest, need to move on. I know that druids have to cope with downtime like all other casters, but any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks,

Gaiansbane
Old 11-30-2018, 10:26 AM
Planar Protector

Charming is the ideal leveling situation for druids, and will give you the least amount of downtime if done properly. I suggest looking into different places to charm. A good path starting at your level could be LOIO > Everfrost > Cazic Thule gators > Iceclad > GD > OT(but I quadded bloodgills 45-50) > Perma Bear pits > Lvl 60.

The key point to keep in mind is that animals aren't always plentiful in every zone, so you don't need to find 2 animals to do it with. Just find an animal to charm, send them in against a mob of similar level, and break charm and finish off both for full xp. I HIGHLY recommend getting the root necklace as soon as possible, find some help or use a higher alt if you have one to get it done. It makes this incredibly easier so you can keep the non-charmed mob rooted at all times. Some people will tell you to get a goblin gazughi ring for instant charm breaks, I did not find this necessary on druid. I just casted Invis vs Animals which is only 3 seconds and is plenty fast for breaks. If you can afford it, it's nice but not needed. Remember to always use the lowest level charm you have as long as it still works on the animals that give you xp in order to save mana.
Old 11-30-2018, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

Maybe lake of il omen? Can charm those tigers and whomp other stuff with them. Crappy ZEM but it's pretty easy grinding. Can move to Overthere or Iceclad (Cougars) once they start to green out.

From like low 30's to low 40's you can pull wolves in GD to the dwarf guards. Charm at like 10% to clear dmg and then pull away and nuke/dot to finish. Extremely mana efficient plus after like 5 levels you won't be KOS to dragons.
Old 11-30-2018, 09:29 PM
Planar Protector

At 22 I charmed the lower level animals in OT near the warsliks zoneline. If you aren't dead set on soloing, try getting into HHK goblin group at 25. It's way faster than solo. I had a solid group last time I went there and did 24-29 in about 6ish hours. Good till 35 but slows down a bit after 30. Optionally, at 24 when you get Ring of Feerrott, you can do the SK -> Feerrott bread quest for risk-free, fast (but boring) xp.
Old 12-01-2018, 12:33 AM
Sarnak

Ik druids like to quad the raptors in Timerious Deep

Gabronth
15 Human Paladin
Old 12-01-2018, 12:35 PM
Planar Protector

For soloing see the Per-Level Hunting Guide, link in my signature. Click the druid filter at the top to see places specifically mentioned as being good for them.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-13-2018, 05:53 PM
Planar Protector

I charmed in WW 57-60. XP was good for as long as animal spawns held out. Killed ice borrowers from time to time — got about 25k in silks.

It’s an ok alternative to bear pits.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 12-25-2018, 06:54 PM
Aviak

Bug people in HHK gobs until they let you in. I was in Unrest from 19-23, it was so much more slow and painful than I remembered. Ran off to HHK, got into a group at 23, hit 30 in a few hours, hit 34 the next day in a few more hours. By far the fastest exp you’ll find before or after short of getting pleveled.
Old 12-26-2018, 08:45 AM
Banned

How about 52+ for charming animals solo that isnt bear pits?
Old 12-26-2018, 08:52 AM
Kobold

There’s some animal charming to be done in Chardok, but it can be perilous
Closed Thread