Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2019, 09:56 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenpromise [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have no issue with any of that. It's a lot more reasonable than this ridiculous argument. If you are buffed, you are not soloing

Picture this

Shaman sees a necro soloing. Decides to spirit of wolf and regen him.

Suddenly the necro is no longer "true soloing". Hes in some weird sub tier of solo. If hes using consumables and clickies, some even consider him handicapped soloing.
I know a Ranger that soloed and self found his way from 1 to 60. Has a Lupine Dagger and stuff. Clicks off every buff anyone puts on him. Probably a psychopath tbf.
Old 10-17-2019, 01:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenpromise [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was being facetious
No me!
Old 10-17-2019, 02:31 AM
Planar Protector

also the most powerful soloable mob by pure numbers is Strong Horn, then Tantor, then whatever widdle baby mobs listed on https://wiki.project1999.com/Solo_Artist_Challenge
Old 10-17-2019, 02:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The only people who complain about anything in the sac are people who weren't doing it, couldn't understand how anyone would have fun with it, mocked people who enjoyed doing it or reading about it, etc. That's all pretty apparent for someone who followed it, or even just this thread.
Pretty much that ^^

Bottom line is that if you did something that was challenging to you and you are proud of the fact that you did it then that has to be good enough for you. If I've learned anything from doing that challenge is that basically no one thinks anything you do is impressive and will almost always poke holes in how you did it so that its less of an accomplishment.

The first time i solo'd emporer chottal, i used 2 wort clicks so i could survive pyrocuror and not die to the dot. I was so excited but made the mistake of mentioning that i used some wort clicks and suddenly "oh well anyone could do it if you give em a wort pot, pffffftttt"

If you see that challenge and fill out that sheet, youre doing something right and just like Tecmos said, the people who knock anything about that are probably the ones who are mad/bad/sad.
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 10-17-2019, 07:34 AM
Kobold

Quote:
What is the most powerful soloable mob?
I’m convinced the answer to this is Ixiblat Fer and the character to use is a well geared 60 Shaman with Puppet Strings, Reaper of the Dead, and a SoulFire. Prove me wrong.
Discord handle: NextToTheGods#0088
Old 10-17-2019, 07:54 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashenden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know a Ranger that soloed and self found his way from 1 to 60. Has a Lupine Dagger and stuff. Clicks off every buff anyone puts on him. Probably a psychopath tbf.
I'm doing similar on my Ranger. Self-made so far soloing HGs for plat to buy gear. Have Lupine as well as Swarmcaller. Toughest solo so far at 50 has probably been seafuries rofl. Or Rapticor.
It's all relative!
Old 10-17-2019, 08:58 AM
Sarnak

lodizal, in classic vanilla its the dino in OOT
Old 10-17-2019, 11:53 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextToTheGodsP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m convinced the answer to this is Ixiblat Fer and the character to use is a well geared 60 Shaman with Puppet Strings, Reaper of the Dead, and a SoulFire. Prove me wrong.
At that point, you might as well just play a cleric and give your charmed pet a tash stick and truncheon. Given enough cheese leeway, practically anything pre-velious is possible. Especially with 20 years of wiki knowledge. It just becomes a matter of how much you want to spend on consumables simply for bragging rights?
Last edited by Kinaki; 10-17-2019 at 12:08 PM..
Old 10-17-2019, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i used 2 wort clicks so i could survive pyrocuror and not die to the dot. I was so excited but made the mistake of mentioning that i used some wort clicks and suddenly "oh well anyone could do it if you give em a wort pot, pffffftttt"
Lol, yeah, exactly this.

Those people even try to discredit by assocation too. "Oh you [did any random thing genuinely solo without help or clickies or anything] huh? Yeah well, but I read about how someone else in the SAC a year before you even made your character, who isn't even the same class or fighting the same mob, used puppet strings and soulfire one time... so clearly you're just a bad circlejerking because you SAC people have expensive unclassic broken OP clickies to carry you to automatic greatness just like I could if I had those clickies but I'm too cool to bother spending the time and effort on it"
Old 10-17-2019, 01:33 PM
Aviak

what's the most impressive solo that ever happened, not including any aid of any kind from other characters (but including clickies etc.)
Closed Thread