Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2020, 04:09 PM
Kobold

Default Twisting SK lifetaps with Bind Wound in combat

Is this possible?

If not then would the best strategy be to spend all mana on Lifetaps then when you’re oom, use bind wound in combat?
Old 03-07-2020, 04:39 PM
Kobold

Casting a spell while binding wounds cancels it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Same with clickies. So as a monk you want to click your epic first right before you combat bind wound. As an SK I would at least save some mana for FD
Old 03-07-2020, 09:43 PM
Aviak

Unfortunately SK bind wound is capped at 100 till level 51, so for quite awhile at most per band aid you are getting 25 Hp restored. As mentioned any casting or item activation (or small movements from getting hit repeatedly) will cancel a bind wound macro.

If solo and swinging a slow 2 handed weapon no question I would cast lifetaps between swings just to keep the fight as short as possible by outputting the extra damage and use bind wound to 50% after combat. Obviously this assumes you are face tanking.

Faster one handed it is very subjective which method is best as you are “losing” potential melee swings overtime with cast time on lifetaps being roughly on par or slower/longer then your swing delay. Particularly after getting double attack and hitting your 100 bind wound cap.

If you are in a populated area you could bind wound to 50% and lifetap things others are fighting after explaining you are just healing not trying to kill
steal.
Old 03-07-2020, 11:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagglebaby [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this possible?

If not then would the best strategy be to spend all mana on Lifetaps then when you’re oom, use bind wound in combat?
Add bash-slam to the start of your BW during combat key. The slight stun prior to kneeling avoids the occasional spike in dmg when the mobs hit lands between your sit/stand in the client.

- I've now given my monthly old man tip. Back to shit posting
Old 03-08-2020, 04:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagglebaby [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this possible?

You have to use the bind wound button from the combat or abilities tab of the actions window if you want to use this ability while casting a spell (as / commands, hotkeys and macros don’t work while casting but action window buttons will), and make sure you press stand from the general tab of the same window before the spell completes (as being ducked when the spell completes will preventing it from casting).

It’s not really efficient for life taps, but if you have a heal bp from kunark or velious it lets you throw in a bandage for every heal.
Old 03-12-2020, 12:19 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorsmash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Add bash-slam to the start of your BW during combat key. The slight stun prior to kneeling avoids the occasional spike in dmg when the mobs hit lands between your sit/stand in the client.

- I've now given my monthly old man tip. Back to shit posting
I have combat BW'd 2 chars to 60 and haven't seen any of these "spikes" you mention.
Old 03-12-2020, 06:45 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradsamma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have combat BW'd 2 chars to 60 and haven't seen any of these "spikes" you mention.
I seem to occasionally get a *crack* hit where they hit for max, I always assumed it was the hit landing for that one sec I was kneeling
Old 03-12-2020, 07:51 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorsmash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I seem to occasionally get a *crack* hit where they hit for max, I always assumed it was the hit landing for that one sec I was kneeling
You can BW the entire time but never hit stand and you won't take any extra damage.
Old 03-12-2020, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

I'd be tempted to come up with a method you don't stray from. IE: Tap to 55% health and then BW when about 55% to high 20%. FD when like 20% (or whatever). In general though facetanking with a SK is not ideal. You're better off finding a stretch of land to snare/fear. Better yet finding a shaman and killing 5 times the mobs in the same period of time.

For what it's worth I dont find the slam/bash/kick (55+ warrior) to have any change in my BW success. It adds a bit of damage but mainly can interrupt spells so that's the most important reason to save it.
Closed Thread