Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2018, 01:28 PM
Fire Giant

It’s very weird to not participate in a community for years until one day you snap and post a manifesto. Do you live in a cabin in Montana too?
Old 05-13-2018, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

cringe level 5000 ??
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 05-13-2018, 01:39 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s very weird to not participate in a community for years until one day you snap and post a manifesto. Do you live in a cabin in Montana too?
Do you know what a manifesto is?

I tend to lump the EQEmu community and the p99 one together and I'd venture to say I have participated in the combined communities more and longer than you have just in a different way.

Getting more unimpressed as the replies roll in. I'm genuinely sorry if you guys feel I'm attacking your safe space but I'm really trying to delve into the mind of a hardcore p99 raider. I'm assuming that most of you don't even raid here anyway.
Old 05-13-2018, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never played here, but you've been lurking forums since 2011?

Thoughts and prayers.
This is arguable a more severe illness than P99 PixelSickness
Old 05-13-2018, 01:44 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella`Ella [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is arguable a more severe illness than P99 PixelSickness
You might be right but I get a fuzzy feeling from skimming all the drama that goes on here every once in awhile.
Old 05-13-2018, 01:49 PM
Fire Giant

Lol, get the f out of here.
Not falling for this one
Old 05-13-2018, 01:59 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1) didn't read

2) OP is a pixel peasant. due to his low place in the dominance hierarchy of elf sim addicts, his serotonin levels are low and he is in a state of emotional disregulation. he cannot control his nervous system. Sad! Bitch!

get fucked dude [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

*clicks cobalt legs and disappears*
Projecting?
Old 05-13-2018, 02:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by splose [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Getting more unimpressed as the replies roll in. I'm genuinely sorry if you guys feel I'm attacking your safe space but I'm really trying to delve into the mind of a hardcore p99 raider. I'm assuming that most of you don't even raid here anyway.
Dude raiding on p99 is a full time occupation, it's like being the owner of your own small business + being a full-time mom, these guys don't have no time for your crap let alone write a post on a forum! Everything you'll get from this forum is answers from no-lifers trolls (myself included /o/); you already got some of the best of the best lamers to post on your thread, now it's only going downhill ^^

the real question is, why do you care if people think it's competition or not what they do? you don't like them bragging about their achievements on p99? what does it do to you personnally, a self-admitted lurker from afar?

If you want "us" to acknowledge that raiding/playing on p99 is a mental disorder i think we're all very aware of this thank you very much. I think we actually embrace it flamboyantly.
Old 05-13-2018, 02:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Got this far and stopped reading. If I went on a my little pony website and said "I've never played with a my little pony in my life, but you're all wrong with your theories about why certain ponies have dessert-related names, allow me to share the correct theory with you ..."

... well, I'd kill myself in shame. But if I (as a white person) went to a Black Lives Matter meeting and started telling everyone there "you don't understand racism, so allow me to explain it to you ..."

... well, I might actually get killed by an angry mob.

I guess my point is, if I acted like you and somehow didn't wind up dead, I'd still be incredibly embarrassed to be lecturing a community of people that I'm not a part of about something I have no experience with.
this is good bait tho
Old 05-13-2018, 02:30 PM
Kobold

Dude you can't just go around telling people on p99 that p99 doesn't matter and winning pixels doesn't make them actual winners. The idea that the p99 raid scene doesn't make someone an olympic videogame champion is a threat to some very fragile egos on these boards, and you will be met with nothing but an equal amount of hostility for even suggesting it.
P99ers do a lot of things well. Handling surprise adds / splitting up focus is not one of them. Mostly because the classes that do that the best (SK/Paladins) are generally trashed and considered useless, and because pulls are considered failures if a dragons doesn't appear at the zone line solo.
Closed Thread