Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 11:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiouxNation [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This guy knows who Jordan Peterson is.
a lobster that's also a misogynist
Old 05-14-2018, 01:17 PM
Sarnak

1. No one here is skilled for killing a mob. The only skill here comes from the pulls, overall knowledge of the game and zones, and the amount of time willing to put toward the game.

2. Depends on your definition of competition. Guilds do compete for FTEs, but there is usually a top dog(s) at any given time and they're continually funneled new apps because of the loot pinatas they're able to hit.

3. The "good" players on P99 are usually split into two categories. You have those that would perform well in the WoW or FFXIV raid scenes (or previously did) and those who have enough experience killing and raid leading the deaths of dragons that they don't need to rely on their reflexes to save an encounter. The latter are able to make the right decisions because they've seen every possible scenario play out. Similar to those who have done 100+ attempts on a boss in WoW.

Someone earlier in the thread said that people play here for friends and fun or some other horseshit. That may be true for smaller guilds and non-raiding casuals, but people don't join AM for friends and fun, they join for loot. People don't stare at walls for 16 hours for friends and they aren't waking up to 3am batphones for fun.

I think most people play here for the nostalgia and how unattainable some items seem to be or the grueling lengths of time one must spend trying to achieve those items. There is also a higher demand of social interaction between players to get things done and since everything takes forever to get, you can create some pretty strong relationships between people due to shared hardship.

So overall, no the game does not skill. Though, if dungeons or bosses were instanced, getting loot would feel a lot less rewarding and would eventually kill off any form of an end game that P99 currently offers, especially being locked at Velious.
Old 05-14-2018, 02:20 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by splose [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am sure that some players could make the switch but I doubt the majority could.
Lol you honestly think that the majority of high end raiders here couldn't make the switch to WoW if they spent just as much time playing it? Get off your high horse.

If your saying they couldn't just jump on WoW and beat mythic encounters then yea no way. However I doubt any WoW player could jump on EQ and do some of the pulls/other crap that some classes have to do without experience either.

You name the 2 classes with the most simple jobs in raiding as your examples. No one here thinks the mechanics of EQ mobs are as difficult as WoW raids. The difficulty in EQ comes from other factors.

But yes WoW raid mechanics are harder.
Old 05-14-2018, 02:33 PM
Orc

This thread is shit, you need some pointers on how to make a troll thread hit me up.
Old 05-14-2018, 02:40 PM
Sarnak

I've honestly never played a MMO that requires less skill than EQ. Most classes are one-button-spammers, and most people can't even handle doing that while paying attention for 2 minutes to kill a copy-pasted, generic dragon fight. It blows my mind that people struggle with EQ mobs while there's people in GW2 doing 70 ability rotations while dodging absurd amounts of telegraphed abilities. This is a server of lazy rejects, and yeah I say that while being someone who chooses to play here.

The only challenge is in that everyone here fights with each other and tries their hardest to block each other out of gear and numbers to be able to do anything. It's already been proven almost any guild can kill anything up to Vulak, with the exception being Klandi/Zlandi/etc. None of this barely passes as competition at all, and the term is only used when it's convenient anyways. This be the land of trolls and delusions.

Also, lol @ WoW comparisons. Difficulty aside, WoW has, y'know, actual mechanics and you play the game when you launch it. EQ only has timed AEs and most people don't even "play" P99, it just hides behind their Netflix window.
Old 05-14-2018, 03:03 PM
Banned

I never have raided before.

All I do on P99 is re-live my old Everquest days that I experienced when I was a prepubescent boy.

I create a blond dwarf cleric, level it to 14 (melee only) and call the nearest Erudite the N word and then I delete my character and start over again.
Old 05-14-2018, 03:17 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadiki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've honestly never played MMO that requires less skill than EQ. Most classes are one-button-spammers, and most people can't even handle doing that while paying attention for 2 minutes to kill a copy-pasted, generic dragon fight. It blows my mind that people struggle with EQ mobs while there's people in GW2 doing 70 ability rotations while dodging absurd amounts of telegraphed abilities. This is a server of lazy rejects, and yeah I say that while being someone who chooses to play here.

The only challenge is in that everyone here fights with each other and tries their hardest to block each other out of gear and numbers to be able to do anything. It's already been proven almost any guild can kill anything up to Vulak, with the exception being Klandi/Zlandi/etc. None of this barely passes as competition at all, and the term is only used when it's convenient anyways. This be the land of trolls and delusions.

Also, lol @ WoW comparisons. Difficulty aside, WoW has, y'know, actual mechanics and you play the game when you launch it. EQ only has timed AEs and most people don't even "play" P99, it just hides behind their Netflix window.
Exactly what I've been saying.

Whoever mentioned FFXIV and said if the players here spent the same amount of time playing that or WoW that they could compete in the Mythic or high end scene in FF not sure if I can agree with that. Like I said some would be able to but I doubt they could fill a full 20 man mythic raid.

The challenge being that everyone is cockblocking each other was already conceded but like I said. We're talking about the difference between actually progressing on X boss with mechanics (most unforgiving to the point where one person standing in fire for a second or two will wipe your raid) and who has the most efficient batphone.

The thickest neckbeards of the highest level of pixel degeneracy have posted here and didn't seem to want to answer my questions so that in itself is very telling.

I'm glad we got this out in the open and I'm sure some self awareness has been gained from this thread even if some are afraid to admit it.

Back to lurking I go.
Old 05-14-2018, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by splose [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exactly what I've been saying.

Whoever mentioned FFXIV and said if the players here spent the same amount of time playing that or WoW that they could compete in the Mythic or high end scene in FF not sure if I can agree with that. Like I said some would be able to but I doubt they could fill a full 20 man mythic raid.

The challenge being that everyone is cockblocking each other was already conceded but like I said. We're talking about the difference between actually progressing on X boss with mechanics (most unforgiving to the point where one person standing in fire for a second or two will wipe your raid) and who has the most efficient batphone.

The thickest neckbeards of the highest level of pixel degeneracy have posted here and didn't seem to want to answer my questions so that in itself is very telling.

I'm glad we got this out in the open and I'm sure some self awareness has been gained from this thread even if some are afraid to admit it.

Back to lurking I go.
This isn't the first time this debate has been brought up. And nowhere that I saw in this thread did anyone mention age. Some folks playing eq in their 50s and 60s. The only mythic they're getting is a mythic sized bottle of beta blockers. I'm sorry inform you but not 1 person here became enlightened because of your thread.

Enjoy your lurking

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 05-14-2018, 05:38 PM
Planar Protector

So dodging flames and lich kings defile or mobs grabbing you and pulling you off the ledge if they come near you is somehow...hard?

Oh, lets not forget that there is a mod that tells you when all these things are going to happen. In wow you literally just need to be able to read and memorize encounters. Sounds tough.

Mythics are the same thing except the mobs have more hp. Sounds real tough.

Know what classic eq has that wow never had? Dynamic. There is simply no dynamic to any fight. Every fight in classic eq anything can happen on any fight and at any given time. Also, running thru 25 man LFRs without a single word being spoken to by anyone sounds like a real blast.
Old 05-14-2018, 06:20 PM
Fire Giant

talks about video game "skillz" and somehow finds the time to lurk the forums of a game he doesn't even play, lol what a fucking nerd
Closed Thread