Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 01-26-2024, 11:13 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Just Starting (green)

Hello, I recently just got started on P99 Green. I haven't played EQ since the early 2000s. I figured I'd pick a druid so I have an opportunity to solo and it's not too gear dependant.

Though, with that said, I would definitely love to join a dedicated group or levelling guild. I always found grouping more enjoyable than soloing when I played before. Though, always having a dedicated and set group and set times is very useful.

If anyone, or any guild, is available or open to having me join them, I'd be greatly appreciative! I'm only currently level 4, so starting off with CB I guess...

Thanks!

- Vedrix, Wood Elf Druid
Old 01-26-2024, 01:11 PM
Planar Protector

keep an eye on folks in your level range

for instance...say you're 20 and want to group

/who all 17 23

that will give you everyone from 17 to 23, can send whispers and find a nice duo...or since you're a druid can offer pickups / etc and make your own group

unfortunately, druids are shunned from a lot of grouping on these top heavy servers...necros level even better solo and are more welcome to groups

just food for thought
Old 01-26-2024, 08:59 PM
Sarnak

In my experience, druids really aren't shunned at all up through the 40s. Pickup groups don't really care. Self-ports let you go explore and solo a bit, then easily get back to the zones with all the groups.

Not disagreeing that necros level better solo and are more welcome in groups, though.

Anyway, welcome to Friendly Druids!
~Lakemist
Old 01-29-2024, 05:12 AM
Banned

I understand your preference for group play; there's something uniquely satisfying about tackling challenges and progressing alongside fellow adventurers. Although I don't represent a guild myself, I've found that the community here is incredibly welcoming and supportive. My advice would be to keep an eye out for calls in common channels or perhaps initiate a group yourself in zones appropriate for your level. Druids, with their ability to offer ports, can be quite the asset to any group or guild looking to explore diverse locales.