Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How so? If I want to kill Vulak on P99 I'll need to cultivate a large enough raid force that can kill the dragon, field an adequate killing force no less than one hour after FTE which means I need a very large and diversified roster to pull from, and secure said FTE via a totally unclassic foot race. Then after all that I'll have to play the sub game of petitionquest and forumquest. This doesn't even take into account the guilds I'd be competing against that are literally years ahead of me in gear / strats / and knowledge of off the books rulings that make petitionquest a thing.

On Phinny I schedule a raid at a particular time, my raid force shows up to the agent of change in western wastes, we enter the instance and crawl through ToV killing everything in our path until we meet Vulak.

One of these scenarios sound sane.
what about all the non-classic things on Phinegal though? Do you guys ever find the added conveniences a bit too much?
Old 03-01-2017, 02:03 PM
Planar Protector

On a very sad note, I did not get any playtime last night. I logged in to write a few emotes and say hi and that was it :c

I am 50 though and have unlocked all sorts of new content as I said before and I'm super excited to try it all out. Also have an expansion a few months away that should have all kinds of neatness to it ^^
Old 03-01-2017, 02:10 PM
Planar Protector

I don't know enough about this server tbh to make judgments on it etc. I will do some research on it I suppose.

I just know that whenever one game is posted about on another's forums it can be quite inflammatory.

I figured the purpose of this thread was to annoy and incite anger in p99 players more than anything.
Old 03-01-2017, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what about all the non-classic things on Phinegal though? Do you guys ever find the added conveniences a bit too much?
The added conveniences are mostly just quality of life features and to be honest after 5+ years on p99 with zero quality of life things I'm really enjoying them. I can award loot directly to someone in the advanced loot window, I can build raid groups myself, I can see everyone in my guild that's tagged, /bazaar exists, and I'm sure there's more. It's a more streamlined experience instead of having to keep extra databases and records. Also, most importantly I don't have to interact with other toxic guilds if I don't want to.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 03-01-2017, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know enough about this server tbh to make judgments on it etc. I will do some research on it I suppose.

I just know that whenever one game is posted about on another's forums it can be quite inflammatory.

I figured the purpose of this thread was to annoy and incite anger in p99 players more than anything.
It's essentially the same game, it's not apples to oranges, more like oranges to tangerines.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 03-01-2017, 02:26 PM
Planar Protector

Smile

Quote:

well, it started off as a flame when bda left, but has evolved into a non-classic-EQ gaming thread. a lot of it still centers around EQ, like phinny and stuff, but also some takp discussion, daoc and wow too.

it why I been chronicling my adventures in eorzea here. I encourage you and everyone else to do the same with any non-classic-EQ gaming experiences. Play some SMB over the weekend? Tell us about it! Starcraft? Was it fun? Let everyone know! (^.~)v
Old 03-01-2017, 02:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
well, it started off as a flame when bda left, but has evolved into a non-classic-EQ gaming thread. a lot of it still centers around EQ, like phinny and stuff, but also some takp discussion, daoc and wow too.

it why I been chronicling my adventures in eorzea here. I encourage you and everyone else to do the same with any non-classic-EQ gaming experiences. Play some SMB over the weekend? Tell us about it! Starcraft? Was it fun? Let everyone know! (^.~)v
So what are the major differences between p99 and the Phinny server? I see it's a progression server, but the EQ site isn't all that informative. Will it progress all the way to the last expansion of Live EQ?
Old 03-01-2017, 02:31 PM
Sarnak

I love PoP but hate all the expansions after it so Phinigel doesn't seem like an option. I looked at takp but it uses the worst client in existence. Is there no good PoP option out there? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-01-2017, 02:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Half of this server would quit overnight if Nilbog enforced the Trilogy Client. So many horrible players couldn't deal with having to play in first person or an F9 view of 3rd person. So many awful enchanters would wipe in their group when they fail to mez mobs because cycle target doesn't work. So many bad shamans would fail their Canni Dance when you can't see your mana value in your inventory anymore. Etc. etc.

The Titanium quality of Life features are far more of an impact than the ones Phinigel has over P99.

I hope Nilbog moves over eventually. Would be a great day to see people play some real Classic EQ.
Old 03-01-2017, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadiki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love PoP but hate all the expansions after it so Phinigel doesn't seem like an option. I looked at takp but it uses the worst client in existence. Is there no good PoP option out there? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This person right here is who would get purged when Nilbog switches over clients. You don't get to bitch about post-PoP content and refuse to play on servers that don't offer post PoP quality of life features.
Closed Thread