Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2021, 05:01 PM
Planar Protector

1000% tradesonred, you get it.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 09-14-2021, 07:01 PM
Fire Giant

I could get greifed off of red one day. I have not yet. But when I play a Mmorpg, I want what is shown on my monitor a simulated world. So there are two choices of either the simulated world is dangerous or not. I like a dangerous world because it feels more real. Pvp servers add to that risky feel, of you really are a Barbarian Warrior in cold and frigid Halas.
Old 09-15-2021, 11:31 AM
Banned

Thats why xp loss in pvp on red starting out was horrendous and why i think a sullon ruleset will fail. The fun in pvp mmos is getting back at someone who like, caught you with your pants down or ganked you with a group. With xp loss, you lose the hope of getting back at someone. Even if you failed, on rallos the attempt cost you nothing. On red, it cost you hours of pve time. So people just didnt try and there was basically no pvp besides those times where you got stomped by a group.

A sullon ruleset will look ok starting out, but a few months in, any new player attempting to start on server will get crushed with no hope of getting back. Its just demoralising and not fun. Its a dreampipe to think there will be enough populace on red 2.0 willing to drop what they are doing to save some newbs getting trashed in a starting zone over and over. The griefers can just log off, go somewhere else and come back 30 minutes later and then clean the zone again. Even the whitest of white knights will stop trying. Asking GMs to micro-manage this shit is a recipe for disaster.

Even semi-casuals like me who were there at the start, used to harsh things like losing all my ships in eve online because my corp leader switched sides will get bored. I dont have the will to race to 50 anymore on a X1 xp server. People will do things like have 8 hour shifts on an account and will have 50s shit on 30 or 20 somethings in no time. At some point i will just look at the screen on my 32 wizard, sigh, log off forever and invest my time somewhere less aggravating. Like a bunch of people, I will probably go one-shot some newbs at the starting zone to let off some steam and have some cheap fun before i quit, so i feel i havent completely wasted my time building the character, making things worse.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 09-15-2021 at 11:51 AM..
Old 09-15-2021, 12:05 PM
Planar Protector

On red 1.0 level 1-56 is like non existent

So I think once red 2.0 gets old, the sullon rules will barely matter.

But I dunno. If there are 10 people in unrest and they get killed by a high level, the chances are that one of them has a high level to come defend himself with, if not an actual friend.

Plus the sullon set would be teams so there would be incentive for your team high levels to defend its noobs. I would. I would be dropping symbols on every noob in unrest I mean it would probably be my main hobby. I think it would add a lot more fun than current ruleset. I still consider it worse than rallos rules but a decent second best, and it does get points for being simple (no worries about OOR healing, everyone is in range)
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 09-15-2021, 01:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But I dunno. If there are 10 people in unrest and they get killed by a high level, the chances are that one of them has a high level to come defend himself with, if not an actual friend.
I think i touched all of those already. Yes you can do it, but its a pain in the ass. Again a real griefer will just log off, then one shot your healer. You pull out your high level, hes gone. Rinse repeat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Plus the sullon set would be teams so there would be incentive for your team high levels to defend its noobs. I would.
Yeah you would, and maybe i would (id be wondering if i can do anything at all against the level difference, if anyone will be there once i get there. So i would in the sense that if a newb flashes the bat signal while im in the zone, ill help.) But is that really the feeling you got playing red 1.0 that theres really a noticeable chunk of people who would do that?

Quote:
I would be dropping symbols on every noob in unrest I mean it would probably be my main hobby. I think it would add a lot more fun than current ruleset. I still consider it worse than rallos rules but a decent second best, and it does get points for being simple (no worries about OOR healing, everyone is in range)
I havent theorycrafted it, or theorytried it, but i doubt this would give them more than a few hits before they get popped?

I mean ill try it if we get 2.0 and if thats what gets picked, for a month of shits and giggles, but Rallos with a few tweaks seems by far the best option.
Old 09-15-2021, 02:05 PM
Banned

And to be perfectly honest, im on a potato computer for the last 8-10 months or something. Didnt care about that during summer i was all out camping and doing outside stuff. By the time 2.0 comes around though, ill have a new beast and retro EQ will probably not be on my list of top things to play. Im glad to add my input though because "im a troll who doesnt have any gratitude for the devs blablabla". Maybe ill play it someday.
Old 09-15-2021, 04:54 PM
Banned

People did seek out pvp on 1.0

So if there's a newb getting wrecked by a guy from the other side I could see ppl running to their defense just to get the yellowtext.

That's the beauty of hardcoded teams.

Sullon locked ppl into a team tho per account and it was paid subs.

I remember high lvls defending zones and powerleveling their buddies. It wasn't hard to get into that as a pickup usually.

I think unrest would be better defended by elves.

Guk evils.

Hk neuts.

In order to get drops from enemy territory ya really needed a strike team or to be sneaky off hours. I don't recall if you could trade for items with enemy teams. So those cherished Dwarven ringmails where precious.
Old 09-15-2021, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

Red 1.0 did not have teams, the sullon ruleset would.

So it would be quite different and 1 team would definitely be controlling and battling for unrest. Probably it would be the east side team.

Do the math cleric buffs for a noob would be like + 1500hp and + 40 all resists it would make a difference but obviously totally rollable but not 1 shottable from a level 30 AOE spell anymore.

I strongly prefer rallos rules 1 because classic 2 because low level game is peak, but I just like to talk about the sullon rules 2 team server because its a solid backup model and I haven't heard of a better one that could be implemented without excessive customization.

Nilbog lets doooittttt
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 09-15-2021, 04:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't recall if you could trade for items with enemy teams. So those cherished Dwarven ringmails where precious.
You could trade it didn't have any lame hardcoded stuff like wow
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 09-15-2021, 05:07 PM
Banned

Both Rallos and Sullon was pretty fun.

I'd be happy either way.
Closed Thread