Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 11:48 PM
Fire Giant

Default Great month to be a Shadowrun fan.

So fifth edition has hit us in the form of a .pdf file with hard cover en route soon. Also looking forward to the 25th this month for Shadowrun Returns. God damn is it a great month to be a Shadowrun fan. I've already got a session set up on roll20.net with a few other runners to try out the new fifth edition rules.

Anybody else here play? Would be interested in hearing about the characters you all have made.

Millburn Pennybags - Blue
Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Old 07-18-2013, 12:31 AM
Aviak

d20 system >

Not playing Yahtzee, bro.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:40 AM
Planar Protector

I haven't played in twenty years or so, which is a trip. I remember my first character being a decker, but I was always the GM so I don't really recall my own characters that well. Shadowrun was great, though, in that it appealed to all of my friends, even the guys who didn't normally play D&D or anything. It was a bonus that everybody had a Monopoly game at home so we could always get more 6-sided dice, too.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:48 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malice_Mizer
This message is hidden because Malice_Mizer is on your ignore list.
I'm not sure why you're on my ignore list but I think you'll stay there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I haven't played in twenty years or so, which is a trip. I remember my first character being a decker, but I was always the GM so I don't really recall my own characters that well. Shadowrun was great, though, in that it appealed to all of my friends, even the guys who didn't normally play D&D or anything. It was a bonus that everybody had a Monopoly game at home so we could always get more 6-sided dice, too.
You should check out the newest edition dude, at least download the new .pdf to check out what you've been missing out on. They've streamlined so much of the old systems that used to detract from play sessions like Decking and the Matrix. With the release of fifth there's been a TON of renewed interest so the roll20 games have been EXPLODING with applicants.

Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Old 07-18-2013, 01:11 AM
Fire Giant

love Fasa
Old 07-19-2013, 03:21 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shadowrun was great, though, in that it appealed to all of my friends, even the guys who didn't normally play D&D or anything.
Couldn't agree more. The setting is a perfect mixture of fantasy and 'edge' so even the guys who had that "roleplaying is for nerds" mindset were willing to give it a shot. Still hoping someone does an MMO and does it right. The upcoming browser one might be interesting enough to mess with, but it's not the droid I was looking for...
Old 07-19-2013, 10:05 AM
Fire Giant

Hey on the plus side we have Jordan Weisman being the lead dude on Shadowrun Returns, which is pretty damn exciting! I'm also holding out for a Shadowrun MMO though, just hoping one actually gets funded AFTER this whole themepark trend has been long dead and buried.

Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Old 07-19-2013, 07:03 PM
Kobold

Never played the PnP game but I adore the SNES game. I've done a few spedruns of it, in fact.
Closed Thread