Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2015, 12:33 PM
Kobold

How about making it part of the snow cougar spawn list that pops on the hill up from the camp (20 feet away) and just have it randomly spawn there or from any snow cougar spawn point for that matter ..... the 18 hour with variance has always been a bs move my sony.

I have said it on live and in beta on live from 2002 up to 2012 ... TIMESINKS DO NOT EQUAL CONTENT!!

Moving from a stupid random static spawn to a possible spawn from a 6 -10 min spawn will not ruin the game, at most it will be 1 eyepatch a day due to the current (non)classic spawn time on Lodi. That would be slightly more than 1 per day, counting for possible server resets. And a metric butt ton less drama.
Old 09-13-2015, 01:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skew [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To the 48 SK : why dont you just leave computer on with logs and work/sleep/jack off like normal people. Come back.check logs. then come back for the TWO hour window he can spawn.
retard.
This. RIP verina tomb.
Old 09-13-2015, 01:24 PM
Fire Giant

So this is an AFK 17-72 hour camp now? Who the fuck is going to run that list and fairly regulate it ?

Step away from the bong.
Old 09-13-2015, 02:00 PM
Aviak

yeah about those list's.. f them. first person in zone and at spawn point should get it period.
Old 09-13-2015, 02:23 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So let's discuss how fucking retarded this is:

StormFeather is an 18 hour +/- 2 hour variance I believe?

I was told tonight, by Hermionie(sp), that "AFK camping" Is in fact allowed and very much encouraged on this server.

As in, I'm going to sit in ice clad, for 19 hours and 58 minutes, storm feather spawns in the last minute and I still get my loots. So because there's a "List" That's formed, I'm allowed to do this.

So is "AFK Camping" Allowed on this server? Can a GM actually confirm that this is allowed? If it's not, how do we regulate it? AFK check every 30 minutes? I bet this wouldn't happen, you're understaffed as it is...

Why would this even be remotely fucking optional? This FTE has been working very well, for the last ~6 weeks. Why are you now taking a shit fit over this mob? What happened to X person for you to go ape shit and start DTing people and calling your co-staff fucking idiots?

As a member of the community, I reject your bullshit claim that this is an "AFK Camp" Via List style. I want to hear Nilbog, Rogean and the rest of the staffs input on this, I vote until Nilbog or Rogean calls the shot and the FTE message is removed, it will stay as an FTE mob.
Douchebag alert! Douchebag alert! Are you the one who FTE's without logic or fairness?
Old 09-13-2015, 02:40 PM
Banned

OP - No way man, I refuse to believe anything unjust happened on P99.

I mean, next thing your gunna say like... trains are actively endorsed and encouraged or something.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-13-2015, 02:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So let's discuss how fucking retarded this is:

StormFeather is an 18 hour +/- 2 hour variance I believe?

I was told tonight, by Hermionie(sp), that "AFK camping" Is in fact allowed and very much encouraged on this server.

As in, I'm going to sit in ice clad, for 19 hours and 58 minutes, storm feather spawns in the last minute and I still get my loots. So because there's a "List" That's formed, I'm allowed to do this.

So is "AFK Camping" Allowed on this server? Can a GM actually confirm that this is allowed? If it's not, how do we regulate it? AFK check every 30 minutes? I bet this wouldn't happen, you're understaffed as it is...

Why would this even be remotely fucking optional? This FTE has been working very well, for the last ~6 weeks. Why are you now taking a shit fit over this mob? What happened to X person for you to go ape shit and start DTing people and calling your co-staff fucking idiots?

As a member of the community, I reject your bullshit claim that this is an "AFK Camp" Via List style. I want to hear Nilbog, Rogean and the rest of the staffs input on this, I vote until Nilbog or Rogean calls the shot and the FTE message is removed, it will stay as an FTE mob.

People get this confused all the time. At this point I feel like a broken record. Afk camping is not what you think it is. Afk camping is done by pet classes by going afk and leaving their pet parked on a mob it can solo for experience. Generally done overnight so the person returns several levels higher. It had nothing to do with going afk between spawns on a static mob. Can someone please clarify that in the write up for the rules?
Old 09-13-2015, 02:47 PM
Banned

Addition: it is funny when I explain that to people and they don't believe me.
Old 09-13-2015, 03:07 PM
Developer

If its an 18 hr spawn, u cant be there all the time physically.

When I got stormfeather on live, I was at the camp 68 hours. Stormfeather was a noisy bird when he spawned, so when I had to sleep I turned the volume up. I was 3rd in line. You had to be there. And we formed a line. When someone came in and moved up and sat on the spawn, we used /petition and a GM showed up. Usually it ended in the other ppl coming in leaving. The GMs actually helped. And they had to be called multiple times.

The line was physical, with ppl usually FD on the ground. They weren't at the computer the full time. I was at the computer 12-15 hrs each of those days. But if you wanted an eyepatch, you sat there and waited. And at spawn time, there were 3 or 4 thats showed to try and KS. An SK with a HT or high dps class is a must.

If you want free pixels, then elder beads are over there. They will message you when its ur turn.
Old 09-13-2015, 03:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If its an 18 hr spawn, u cant be there all the time physically.

When I got stormfeather on live, I was at the camp 68 hours. Stormfeather was a noisy bird when he spawned, so when I had to sleep I turned the volume up. I was 3rd in line. You had to be there. And we formed a line. When someone came in and moved up and sat on the spawn, we used /petition and a GM showed up. Usually it ended in the other ppl coming in leaving. The GMs actually helped. And they had to be called multiple times.

The line was physical, with ppl usually FD on the ground. They weren't at the computer the full time. I was at the computer 12-15 hrs each of those days. But if you wanted an eyepatch, you sat there and waited. And at spawn time, there were 3 or 4 thats showed to try and KS. An SK with a HT or high dps class is a must.

If you want free pixels, then elder beads are over there. They will message you when its ur turn.
sounds way better than just getting the timer, showing up for the window, and trying for FTE, like its been (to my knowledge with very little problems) for the last month and a half
Dustboy#1652 on Discord
Closed Thread