Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2017, 06:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnland [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is DKP. Very simple, as Shokar mentioned.

There have been issues with missed tells (legitimate mistake), or items being awarded improperly (officers abusing their power). This is true, but very rare.

I would say 99.9% of the loot decisions have been fair, where DKP dictates the winner. Simple as that.

Anyone that has been in Apex knows I'm right.
so there's no decay

there's no bidding

it's not zero sum

but the highest DKP gets an item by default at a very, very low cost

and officers can overstep the entire system

hmm..
Old 04-05-2017, 06:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEWLGET [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so there's no decay

there's no bidding

it's not zero sum

hmm..

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakaris View Post
My brother is an award winning body builder and I'm faster bigger and stronger than him.
The Dukes Vengeance
Old 04-05-2017, 06:27 PM
Sarnak

If using a pure DKP system you really have to do silent auction, otherwise it's exactly like kewlget is pointing out.

You get hoarders that can basically cock-block any fine pixel away from even a reasonable 50-60% attendee.

At least with the silent auction system you end up with the heavy DKP hoarders bidding larger amounts against one another, letting people lower on the roster catch up.

Personally I prefer a loot council. No DKP system is ever going to cover all of the off-hours epic/lvling/utility-item-restocking/attitude/etc and all of those are important factors to a successful raiding guild, not just showing up.

It's certainly good to keep track of attendance and items rewarded but, at the end of the day, using that as the only metric ends up letting people game the system by showing up to raids, afking through, and collecting their loot handouts then logging off right after raids are done.

Gradner Goodtimes - 60 Bard
Old 04-05-2017, 06:28 PM
Sarnak

Terp knows whats going on, so glad, cuz i was confused for over a year now... RIIIGHT

ok.gif

only an idiot wouldnt send a tell on an item they wanted because they thought they wouldnt get it and cry that foul that someone else got it and they didnt get it.

DKP list was public to everyone in the guild. someone higher on list got what they wanted 98% of the time. we didnt even go on RA unless someone was like sub 50% because we knew people sometimes took breaks or had RL. this was more an issue for ST keys and only some people got bent out of shape because keys were going to rogues/monks/alts before non essential classes (no Warders) because 75% of the time in ST a keyed shaman/chanter/bard/cleric wouldnt even fucking show up so ya keys went to alt shaman/chanter/bard/clerics.

and i say 98% because there were times my tell was missed by someone i know would never slight me, my girl Callisto, and it wasnt corrected in time before the other person awarded looted said item. also heard this happend a FEW RARE other times, shit gets missed, it happens.

other than that, i dont think i can recall anyone needing to go apeshit bergers because of leadership corruption and not following CLEARLY POSTED DKP LIST (though it happened on 1 or 2 occasions on NON DKP items i wont mention to sully the names of current guildmembers)

GTFO of here
Old 04-05-2017, 06:31 PM
Banned

so you basically just confirmed what i just said here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEWLGET [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so there's no decay

there's no bidding

it's not zero sum

hmm..
Old 04-05-2017, 06:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by shokar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Great bloke huge contributor and all round pal has 400 DKP and wants a Crown of rile which has a fixed cost of 40
Warm body shitter has 401 DKP and also wants the rile.

Tunes alt gets the pixel and is awarded 40 DKP.
Fixed for you blueflower.
Old 04-05-2017, 06:38 PM
Sarnak

i agree, there needed to be a decay

but can you state ANY INSTANCE this was ever abused by leadership?

which of them has 2 toons with vulak/doze gear? which of them has 2 AoNs?

alts? oh...ya...shark has an army of alts with mad gear.....when did he ever get that shit over a main? and how many idiots were lazy about playing/gearing a raid worthy toon that logged on 10 shark alts that he leveled and geared to make Apex successful, and it helped.

dude, all this shit is public in the guild, spin this shit how you want. i was top 10 earned/spent/current dkp for 7/9? of the months i played and i never took an alt item once, never main switched, doze/vulak only on 1 toon, never took anything i didnt need as an upgrade.

all spin and fake news
Old 04-05-2017, 06:39 PM
Aviak

One other thing about DKP. It rewards the most active loyal players.

Obviously DKP does not measure what people actually contribute, so it is not perfect. But you have to look at it from a macro level. The top contributors who show up for every raid will get rewarded, out of some of those, some people who don't really deserve that much loot will also get rewarded just for showing up. Overtime this averages out well. The important thing is that anyone who IS a top contributor will eventually get rewarded. Again, the side effect is that some undeserving people will get loot.

Loot council in my opinion suffers from the inverse. People who don't contribute don't get loot which is good. Most of the people who are top contributors get loot. But then some top contributors get left behind. You also have the issue with how the loot council operates, personal conflicts with the officers affecting loot decisions, etc...Another issue is how you accurately quantify what somebody does for the guild? CH chain put in a lot of work, so do pullers, and what about mobilizing, PVP, and stuff outside of raids?

In my opinion, taking the human element of loot decisions is mostly for the best. Especially on a server like this, where there is a lot of bitterness between players and such. Then again, if I was really good friends with the people making loot decisions, it wouldn't matter much to me I suppose.
Old 04-05-2017, 06:42 PM
Sarnak

mage with 150 dkp got doze shield sunday, been active in guild 1 1/2 months?....corrupt

the amount of insane gear we gave out to people because they were a MAIN and had just joined and wanted something over someone who was in guild for months on their ALT, most people would cry foul....CLEARLY NOT FAIR
Old 04-05-2017, 06:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
so you basically just confirmed what i just said here:
Closed Thread