Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 03-23-2022, 11:00 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Iksar start with 85 INT

Caster sta/hp ratio is 2.4

60 hp at level 60 ....

60 HP is huge, it's basically a whole nother piece of gear worth of HP.

Does it "matter" in the sense of it being a massive deal? No, but after sinking 100s or 1000s of hours into a toon, I'd like to know my stats are as good as they can get.

INT is highly overrated for necros, the size of your mana pool means very little with lich mana regen, the only thing that matters is getting your hp regen as high as you can to counteract then stacking HP for survivability and more time between LTs.
Old 03-23-2022, 11:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Starman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
60 HP is huge, it's basically a whole nother piece of gear worth of HP.

Does it "matter" in the sense of it being a massive deal? No, but after sinking 100s or 1000s of hours into a toon, I'd like to know my stats are as good as they can get.

INT is highly overrated for necros, the size of your mana pool means very little with lich mana regen, the only thing that matters is getting your hp regen as high as you can to counteract then stacking HP for survivability and more time between LTs.
If you no life and raid for years I'm sure it might matter down the road

But the guy just wants to roll a solo duo char for fun

These convos always break down into OCD absolute BIS theory craft that aren't practical for 99.999999% of folks that actually play the game
Old 03-24-2022, 08:10 AM
Kobold

Even if he never raids, which he might, plenty of toons were created just for fun before coming raiding toons, I would still put the points into stamina as int gear is cheap and plentiful and HP even in small amounts is much more impactful to a Necro.

And getting BIS gear really isn't that hard, I play casually and take months and years long breaks from the game, and still have very good gear.
Old 03-24-2022, 10:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Starman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even if he never raids, which he might, plenty of toons were created just for fun before coming raiding toons, I would still put the points into stamina as int gear is cheap and plentiful and HP even in small amounts is much more impactful to a Necro.

And getting BIS gear really isn't that hard, I play casually and take months and years long breaks from the game, and still have very good gear.
And if/when you get to that point of being covered in good gear the tiny difference in starting stats will never, ever be felt anyway.

Y'all just spinning your wheels.
Old 03-24-2022, 06:20 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And if/when you get to that point of being covered in good gear the tiny difference in starting stats will never, ever be felt anyway.

Y'all just spinning your wheels.
Depends on how bad your OCD is.
Old 03-31-2022, 05:19 AM
Skeleton

I went nuts and dumped 25 into AGI and 5 into STA, on purpose, with my most recent Iksar Nec. Ended up tap tanking all the way to 60. Didn’t even intend to take it passed 50, but it was actually fun, so I kept going. Have fun with your starting points lol

https://youtu.be/OaUetpGIjvk
Last edited by PestilentCancer; 03-31-2022 at 05:40 AM..
Old 03-31-2022, 06:56 AM
Sarnak

If at least semi-twinked there’s zero reason to stat int. You’ll have sufficient intellect to kill what you need.

With top end gear it’ll also be a mistake to max int. Few people ever find this to be a problem since this gear is crazy hard to get and whilst capping INT isn’t hard it IS hard to cap INT when you also want all the +HP and +mana pieces.

Str is perhaps the most useful stat for leveling, especially if this is your first character. Allows you to loot more. Eventually with weight reduction bags STR is fairly pointless. Some like to meleee with their necros in which case STR is king. Some also like to invest in dex (or heaven forbid, agi) but this is very gimmicky.

Charisma does nothing except help with vendor prices, eh.

So it’s not that sta is good, it’s just that the other stats are even less significant or will become insignificant. Thus I recommend 25 sta and 5 into whatever you like.