Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 04:30 PM
Fire Giant

The gear grind didn't stop people getting groups. AA's, or lack thereof, did. Especially with our fine community. Another thing to note is that the gear jump from velious to luclin was not that high. You can do all of luclin in velious gear which, ideally, has been farmed for a year or so before release. PoP doubled the available hp on gear.
Abomination Snowman - 60 Grave Lord
Proud owner of Innoruuk's Curse that did NOT come from TMO's bank or RMT.
Niluvien Forestwalker - 52 Ranger
Russled Jimmies - 54 Wizard
Old 08-17-2011, 05:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yinikren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
. You can do all of luclin in velious gear.
That is until you need to attack Emp Ssra and you're unable to do damage [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

just sayin

edit: how badass was the ssra tooth summoning pouch that dropped from the skeles in ssra? i fucking loved that toy.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:32 PM
Planar Protector

You can skip Ssra/Seru bane weapons.

lol wut
Old 08-17-2011, 05:33 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yinikren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The gear grind didn't stop people getting groups. AA's, or lack thereof, did. Especially with our fine community. Another thing to note is that the gear jump from velious to luclin was not that high. You can do all of luclin in velious gear which, ideally, has been farmed for a year or so before release. PoP doubled the available hp on gear.
Last I checked, rangers, wizards, and druids at least have a difficult time of finding groups due to their lack of group usefulness. AAs fixed that!

And something tells me if you are a warrior 50+ trying to keep aggro with Axe of the iron black, you wont find groups either. So yes, there are plenty of situations where gear will hold you back from getting groups, especially if you are melee.

It seems you are talking about PoP+ content, because from what I remember, nobody was turned away in a group because they didnt have sufficient AAs. Unless, again, it was a class who needed the AAs to become a viable alternative to another monk/rog/enc etc.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can skip Ssra/Seru bane weapons.
We skipped Seru weaps, do tell on how to skip Ssra?
Old 08-17-2011, 05:46 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:

Actually most of VT gear was on par or close to PoP era gear.....most people just never got a chance to see it pre-PoP
Old 08-18-2011, 11:26 AM
Kobold

no luclin. no aa's.
i just want AoE modrod, that is all.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:38 AM
Fire Giant

AAs (unique AAs)
Zones that have open pvp and raid bosses. (zones need to have at least two zone ins)

This is just an idea for a custom zone, but I like it. Is a labyrinth and you zone into it randomly. so a group will get split up. Would have amazing drops for group content.

Make vanilla and some kunark raid mobs spawn more frequently (epic boss mobs especially).

Nothing. Mission accomplished. Good job all. Start a new server for custom content or whatever.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:52 PM
Sarnak

I think once the sleeper is awakened and AoW is on farm status, the ability for a player to progress their character will be key to retaining an audience here. That being said, the addition of AAs to allow folks to continue to progress would be nice. Obviously, content would have to be added to allow folks to leverage that progression. Now, that being said, it might be prudent to leave this server as-is for folks that want to just to the classic thru velious progression / grind.

It might be prudent to create another server with the additional content and allow full character 'move' for folks that want to continue past Velious.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:00 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedbonker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it might be prudent to leave this server as-is for folks that want to just to the classic thru velious progression / grind.

It might be prudent to create another server with the additional content and allow full character 'move' for folks that want to continue past Velious.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread