Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 04:59 PM
Aviak

Does TR have no shame? What the fuck.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:02 PM
Banned

Probably guild policy, no acknowledging the obvious cheaters on the forums.

I think I can see why people talk shit about your guild. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-13-2011, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
May I rephrase it:

People are talking shit because no answers why your guild allows him to cheat and stay around.

I've asked it three times, you still have ignored it.
TR will never make their internal affairs public. even uthgaard failed with his infiltration into transatlatics forums.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:13 PM
VIP / Contributor

I don't understand what the staff is supposed to do. He was temp banned and de-leveled just like everyone else that was caught cheating recently. (the reason for leniency has already been addressed by the staff so I won't do it here)

As far as the accusations of his 2box'n I just don't see the "proof" your screaming of. Someone said he was on another char, while his char was logged in? So what? I'm gonna throw a situation into the mix that will explain a possible scenario that occurred....

Perun was caught cheating and de-leveled to 54, he decided a AE group was the best way to get this xp back. He has access to a friends character that will help but is the only one with access to it, he has another friend to log on his account while he plays the other character to help himself lvl.....

There are many variations of this situation that could be valid in this situation. The fact is the only way to know for sure if someone is 2 box'n is to have a GM/guide in game check to find out.....

Accuse the staff of whatever you like, but to pretend there is some kind of proof of 2 box'n in the OPs pic is a stretch.....questionable yes. Proof no..... It makes it sooo much harder on the staff when you guys blow stuff out of proportion or see some sort of "proof" that just isn't there....

If you see something questionable in game and feel something wrong is being done, Petition it. Regardless of what you might think the fact is that Rogean and Nilbog bust there ass to make sure things run as fairly as they can for EVERYONE who plays. The GM staff currently active are some of the most fair and attentive one's the server has ever had.....take advantage of that. Don't come on here with half truths and perceptions of what might have happened....Read into it if you must, but don't turn it into a witch hunt screaming of proof that doesn't exist.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnOme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't understand what the staff is supposed to do. He was temp banned and de-leveled just like everyone else that was caught cheating recently. (the reason for leniency has already been addressed by the staff so I won't do it here)

As far as the accusations of his 2box'n I just don't see the "proof" your screaming of. Someone said he was on another char, while his char was logged in? So what? I'm gonna throw a situation into the mix that will explain a possible scenario that occurred....

Perun was caught cheating and de-leveled to 54, he decided a AE group was the best way to get this xp back. He has access to a friends character that will help but is the only one with access to it, he has another friend to log on his account while he plays the other character to help himself lvl.....

There are many variations of this situation that could be valid in this situation. The fact is the only way to know for sure if someone is 2 box'n is to have a GM/guide in game check to find out.....

Accuse the staff of whatever you like, but to pretend there is some kind of proof of 2 box'n in the OPs pic is a stretch.....questionable yes. Proof no..... It makes it sooo much harder on the staff when you guys blow stuff out of proportion or see some sort of "proof" that just isn't there....

If you see something questionable in game and feel something wrong is being done, Petition it. Regardless of what you might think the fact is that Rogean and Nilbog bust there ass to make sure things run as fairly as they can for EVERYONE who plays. The GM staff currently active are some of the most fair and attentive one's the server has ever had.....take advantage of that. Don't come on here with half truths and perceptions of what might have happened....Read into it if you must, but don't turn it into a witch hunt screaming of proof that doesn't exist.
Valid points, I guess it could've been manipulated. I just think there is still a bad taste in peoples mouth about the banning situation (like me).

Guess I just need to get over it, and enjoy classic EQ. It was just the lack of cheating was about 95% of the appeal of this server to me, cosidering this game is basically destroyed everywhere else by rampant cheating.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:22 PM
Fire Giant

Thread did not deliver

Blue
: Seniksin | Jarshale
Red: Sieg | Cazissa
Old 09-13-2011, 05:37 PM
VIP / Contributor

I assure you the staff has the same bad taste in their mouths. The fact is we have new procedures for catching cheaters and it's not something we take lightly. Things have been done and will continue to be done to try to ensure that we don't have this level of cheating on the server anymore.

I don't expect everyone to think things changed overnight or that we have it all figured out.

You don't have to agree with the decisions that were made or why they were made. But don't pretend like the staff is doing nothing or doesn't care. The fact is that a handful of people are trying to recreate and manage something an entire company (SoE) had issue's managing. On the whole I think the staff of p99 does a impressive job of maintaining this server and making it a fun place to relive old memories. Have a little faith, if you see something you don't agree with petition. If you feel like the staff could have handled a situation a better way, then explain your feelings in a rational manner. Don't flame or try to belittle the staff tho cause all that does is cause us to lose track of whatever valid points you may have...we are trying, we are not perfect. Neither are you.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannacore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why are you so concerned with this?

I've explained this a bajillion times. I have an assload of free time at work. When I'm done with homework and they've ran out of things for me to file, I browse teh internets. This is one of the sites I frequently peruse at work. You will hardly ever find me posting outside of bsns hours.
Was ment to be ironic. Why are you concerned with why the OP needed to make a new account for this post.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:44 PM
Fire Giant

IF the staff 'cares' they have a really odd way of showing it.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:55 PM
VIP / Contributor

We police the server more then SoE EVER did on live, if anything we care too much. The fact is because the staff cares so much, players have become accustomed to having a GM to settle every petty argument.

On live players were held accountable by other PLAYERS, the community policed itself and GM's were little to no help.

If anything I would argue that the staff cares too much and the players don't care enough.....take that how you will.

(I'd also like to point out that I do not speak for the entire staff, but I damn sure have an opinion. I'm sure Nilbog will ask me later not to make these kind of post again as it just encourages you guys to troll me more)
Closed Thread