Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 05:56 PM
Planar Protector

I'll sum up TR in a timeline of random and true events:

-IB/TR policy: Anyone proven using third party cheating programs will be guild-removed.
-Burple applies, talks about using MQ in vent on every fucking raid until I tell him to knock it off. I vote no, he passes application and is still a member afaik.
- I'm banned for accusatory MQ use (which didn't happen).
- Promised position in TR as a leader of Pantheon during the guild merge.
- Denied at the last moment due to my past ban.
- Various members and officers of TR are caught cheating in the recent sting.
- They are welcomed back with open arms and subsequently PLed to 60.

lol wut
Old 09-13-2011, 05:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnOme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't understand what the staff is supposed to do. He was temp banned and de-leveled just like everyone else that was caught cheating recently. (the reason for leniency has already been addressed by the staff so I won't do it here)
The staff was supposed to ban the accounts for hacking/using 3rd party programs. You're also forgetting the fact he was using these cheats as TR's raid leader and a integral part of their officer crew.

Quote:
As far as the accusations of his 2box'n I just don't see the "proof" your screaming of. Someone said he was on another char, while his char was logged in? So what? I'm gonna throw a situation into the mix that will explain a possible scenario that occurred....
You're characterization of people's opinion on his 2 boxing is hyperbole.

Quote:
Perun was caught cheating and de-leveled to 54, he decided a AE group was the best way to get this xp back. He has access to a friends character that will help but is the only one with access to it, he has another friend to log on his account while he plays the other character to help himself lvl.....
Which makes his punishment meaningless in the long term.

Quote:
There are many variations of this situation that could be valid in this situation. The fact is the only way to know for sure if someone is 2 box'n is to have a GM/guide in game check to find out.....
I've stated previously that he'd be getting plvled by IB/TR as soon as his suspension was up and that's exactly what is happening. You're telling me a GM couldn't drop by and keep tabs on a known cheater after he had just been dlvled and has access to so many different high level characters? Incompetence.

Quote:
Accuse the staff of whatever you like, but to pretend there is some kind of proof of 2 box'n in the OPs pic is a stretch.....questionable yes. Proof no..... It makes it sooo much harder on the staff when you guys blow stuff out of proportion or see some sort of "proof" that just isn't there....
Why wasn't a GM keeping tabs on him and checking IP logs. That SS is a huge red flag.

Quote:
If you see something questionable in game and feel something wrong is being done, Petition it. Regardless of what you might think the fact is that Rogean and Nilbog bust there ass to make sure things run as fairly as they can for EVERYONE who plays. The GM staff currently active are some of the most fair and attentive one's the server has ever had.....take advantage of that. Don't come on here with half truths and perceptions of what might have happened....Read into it if you must, but don't turn it into a witch hunt screaming of proof that doesn't exist.
Nilbog and Rogean have zero credibility after the way they handled these suspensions IMO. They totally sold out the population that has always followed the rules and respected their server, to cater to the needs of an elite few who hold the rest of the server in disdain.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

get over it mardur, red is around the corner
Old 09-13-2011, 06:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by G13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The staff was supposed to ban the accounts for hacking/using 3rd party programs. You're also forgetting the fact he was using these cheats as TR's raid leader and a integral part of their officer crew.

You're characterization of people's opinion on his 2 boxing is hyperbole.

Which makes his punishment meaningless in the long term.

I've stated previously that he'd be getting plvled by IB/TR as soon as his suspension was up and that's exactly what is happening. You're telling me a GM couldn't drop by and keep tabs on a known cheater after he had just been dlvled and has access to so many different high level characters? Incompetence.

Why wasn't a GM keeping tabs on him and checking IP logs. That SS is a huge red flag.

Nilbog and Rogean have zero credibility after the way they handled these suspensions IMO. They totally sold out the population that has always followed the rules and respected their server, to cater to the needs of an elite few who hold the rest of the server in disdain.
I think this opinion is a little extreme, I believe they did what they thought was best. Even if I don't agree with it, I think they are doing what they believe to be the best for the server.

I think if players held each other accountable and shunned cheateres, we wouldn't have the issues we have. (That's what I meant by people not giving a shit in my earlier posts)
Old 09-13-2011, 06:07 PM
Sarnak

How would such a small population police itself? I can't even begin to think of how this server would end up if the community policed itself. Just playing devil's advocate right now.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
get over it mardur, red is around the corner
Word, also can you stop being so whiny cause there was a time that I enjoyed leveling with you.

lol wut
Old 09-13-2011, 06:09 PM
Banned

The "BEST" would be to give it about 2-4 weeks, let all those people lvl back up to 60, then perma ban the accounts and all associated accounts.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:10 PM
VIP / Contributor

Contrary to popular believe, the staff does not control what TR does, so don't talk to me about the fact he's still in TR.

As far as GMs watching him....are they supposed to be watching all the other 300+ accounts that came back too?

We need more staff......

Or we just need you to petition when you see something like this...
Old 09-13-2011, 06:12 PM
VIP / Contributor

*belief
Old 09-13-2011, 06:13 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by deneauth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How would such a small population police itself? I can't even begin to think of how this server would end up if the community policed itself. Just playing devil's advocate right now.
Our avrg server population actually exceeds that of normal live servers during the same timeline.
Closed Thread